Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have a hard time with these.. and normally break the top off with a flat head...

Im referring to part #20..

·
Registered
595 Posts
your best bet....take a pick...90degree pick and make sure the outer ring of the clip dont rotate. Then use a philips screw driver and remove...I hope this is what you meant and not something way more involoved...lol hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try the pick method.. thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Your welcome, it just helps the clip not rotate so the philips screw can come out much easier then while it is spinning....can I ask what your gettin ready to do? curious. if you need help post on..

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Just use your finger man, or a key. Works on mine?

·
Registered
595 Posts
it depends on what style you have, my apologies, if you have the style with the rectangle in the middle you just push that piece in and you should be able to remove, some came with the philips slide in it in different years, i would rec. replacing it with that style those push clpis suck.

K

·
0 Posts
part #20... isn't that the "push down the center" type fastener?

actually, i'm dead certain it is. unless you've got something else in there.

there is a GREAT video out there explaining how each type of fastener works. i'll be damned if i can find it though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
part #20... isn't that the "push down the center" type fastener?

actually, i'm dead certain it is. unless you've got something else in there.

there is a GREAT video out there explaining how each type of fastener works. i'll be damned if i can find it though.
Yes.. its the push down in the center type.. its not like the plastic clips on the lower fairings... its more needle like. And its kinda a pain to get off without scratching the finish/paint.

I'll have to do a search for that video also.

·
Registered
906 Posts
As has been said, you just push in the centre and pull it out with your fingers. If its not coming out easily, wiggle the middle fairing panel (you'll probably have to push it towards the tank and support it a bit) and it should come out easily.

K

·
0 Posts
indeed. there's no need to use any tools to remove this type of fastener.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent tried pushing in the center yet.. I've tried a pick, and tried pulling out the center like the bottom fairing clips (#21) ...

I'll try this once I get home.. thanks guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok maybe I am just a retard... I cannot get the stupid clip (#20) out for the life of me. I don't see how it's possible to take it out with a phillips?

When you say push down in the center, what center are you talking about? Push directly down on the center of the head? I've been trying to get this thing off for like 15 minutes and I'm afraid I'm going to break the stupid thing...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ok maybe I am just a retard... I cannot get the stupid clip (#20) out for the life of me. I don't see how it's possible to take it out with a phillips?

When you say push down in the center, what center are you talking about? Push directly down on the center of the head? I've been trying to get this thing off for like 15 minutes and I'm afraid I'm going to break the stupid thing...
If you look carefully at the head of the clip, you can see its divided into 3 pieces. Depress the middle section and that releases the clip. Then get a fingernail under the head and pull it out. If it doesn't want to come out, wiggle the fairing around a bit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If you look carefully at the head of the clip, you can see its divided into 3 pieces. Depress the middle section and that releases the clip. Then get a fingernail under the head and pull it out. If it doesn't want to come out, wiggle the fairing around a bit.
I cant imagine this clip being hard to remove. Maybe you guys are being to gentle with your bike. Do what raptor said and the clip should release.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess the guy before me had replaced those clips with 1 piece body panel clips from a car, which were impossible to remove... so that's why pushing in the center didnt work haha. I had to cut them off. Any recommendations on what to use? I don't really want to pay for the original clips, haven't heard great things about them..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts