Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. some of you know that i've been looking for yellow 600RR for a long time now. and the good news is that i think i found the right one.

bad news is that i'd have to drive about 4.5 hours to pick it up and bring it to my house.

Now what would be the best way to do this?

I don't have a truck nor a trailer.

i know uhaul lets you borrow the bike trailer, but are there better ways to do this?

so.... what do you suggest?

can anybody let me borrow their trailers maybe?? (or maybe not :( )
i'm in MD. gotta pick up the bike from NC...

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Get your buddy to drive you there and ride it home....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i'm a newbie and i shouldn't drive such a long distance.... is renting a pick-up cheaper than renting a trailer?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
hanshinji said:
well, i'm a newbie and i shouldn't drive such a long distance.... is renting a pick-up cheaper than renting a trailer?
more than likely yes. u-haul charges a certain price (depending on size) per day plus mileage. you could probably rent a truck for 100 bucks or so. i would look into that first.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Or, if you don't know anyone with a pick-up, but you do have a trailer hitch on your car, i would recommend u-haul. It's only $15/day to rent a motorcycle trailer, and it has a full ramp and is easy to use. The only catch is that you have to return it from the u-haul location you rented from.

·
Registered
175 Posts
"The only catch is that you have to return it from the u-haul location you rented from."

....also, don't try renting one if you intend to tow it with a Ford Explorer.. They won't rent to you... at all. :roll:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i drive a celica.. so.. i can't get the trailer from u-haul? and.. uhaul doesn't provide the trailer hitch when you rent a trailer?? uhaul had a picture of an honda accord with the trailer connected to its end... i should ask uhaul but if anybody knows, let me know! thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Enterprise rents pickups for like $45 per day with unlimited miles.
Just pick up a ramp, a canyon dancer and 2 sets of tie downs and your good to go

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
actually U-Haul trailers are pretty cheap to rent..

We rented one that would of been plenty big for a bike to fit in it.. I live in NY and we took it out to Illinois. roughly 1000 miles on a hunting trip with all our gear in it. We had it for a full week.. they charged us like $200 for the entire week.. Im sure you can get it for like $40 or so for the entire day..

The trailer we had was full enclosed.. You could get an open trailer for the day for real cheap!!

C

·
0 Posts
is renting a pick-up cheaper than renting a trailer?
well some companies offer $20 pickup rentals (Ryder?).... Just remember to bring a plank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts