Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If something is too good to be true it is likely not true.
The scamers will ask you for a wire transfer to Ireland after you place an order. Realize that nobody in his/her right mind would transfer to Ireland... Don't waste your time.

Here is the payment instruction I got from them, good laughs. Like the color of a medium helmet (at the end)... nice touch **LOL** Wondering how they figured it should be medium.

> From: Crazy Wheel <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Subject: Re:
To: my_personal_email

Hello,

Thank you for confirming your address. Please see below the bank
account details for making the payment for your bike.

Total amount to be paid: $3,440.00
Account Holder: Marian Ghioaca / Crazy Wheel
Account Holder Headquarter Address: 99 Richmond Road, Drumcondra,
Dublin 3, Co. Dublin, Ireland
International Bank Account Number (IBAN): IE46AIBK93210814973072
Swift Code / BIC: AIBKIE2D
Bank Name: AIB Bank
Bank Address: 140 Lower Drumcondra Road , Dublin 9, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Account Number: 14973-072
National Sort Code: 93-21-08

Please provide a scanned copy of the bank receipt after you make the
payment. You need to have your identifications with you when you will
sign for the delivery. If you are unable to sign for the delivery we
need the name of the person who will do that. Don't forget to leave us
a review on our Customer Review page after you receive the bike.
Also, we have a special offer this week so we will include a free
helmet, size M. Please choose the color for it. We have blue, black,
red and yellow helmets.

--
Regards,
Sarah Carter
Crazy Wheel Sales Manager

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They stopped communicating right after I asked for VIN and the telephone number of the Sales manager... I was not going to prove my point by making the wire transfer and seeing what happens next...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is not entirely true. I purchased a vehicle from Honda dealership before and they did ask for a wire transfer. In that case the transaction went through smoothly and i have that vehicle now...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
We do wire transfers all the time if it is a bigger amount,over $2500,just did one for a customer last week for a bunch of Honda GoldWing parts,that was over 4K.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
this is not entirely true. I purchased a vehicle from Honda dealership before and they did ask for a wire transfer. In that case the transaction went through smoothly and i have that vehicle now...
How long ago was that? Do you have a bank account? Ppl did used to do it before it started to get abused and normally it was only if you did not have a bank account

And if its offered as a option for payment thats one thing, but if it is the only way to pay...idk about that

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Maybe its the area, ppl here won't fool with them unless its a in person deal. Either way its not a wise ideal unless you actually know and have dealt with that person before. Just b/c someone has a U.S business address doesnt mean much these days as scams are becoming more indepth

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
That's definitely a scam... $3440 for an '09 and, of course, FREE shipping anywhere in the US!

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Saw a guy on Craigslist selling a 2007 cbr 1000rr repsol for $2640. I just started talking to him to see the story. Knew it was a scam. And of course like most scams I have ever encountered, he was ready for deployment and didnt want it to "rust". Get a job.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
The proof would be them asking for a wire transfer. No legit business will ask for a wire transfer.
No it isn't. Wire transfers are done all the time. I'm not saying anyone should buy from them, I have never done business with them but...The OP is making a statement with no facts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No it isn't. Wire transfers are done all the time. I'm not saying anyone should buy from them, I have never done business with them but...The OP is making a statement with no facts.
No crime is committed until they disappear with someone's money... granted.
I just don't want to be the one explaining to police "that Marian Ghioaca dude from Crazy Wheel in Dublin took my money and I never heard from him again"... And I would not blame the police for having a good laugh at me in a situation like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts