Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought this game off of the PSNetwork? I was thinking about picking it up, since the demo only gives you 30min of play time and I wasted about 15min of it watching the UFC fight last week :icon_lol:, I didn't get a good scope on how much fun the game is.

Worth the $10 or $15 bucks to hold me over until COD-MW2 comes out?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Has anyone bought this game off of the PSNetwork? I was thinking about picking it up, since the demo only gives you 30min of play time and I wasted about 15min of it watching the UFC fight last week :icon_lol:, I didn't get a good scope on how much fun the game is.

Worth the $10 or $15 bucks to hold me over until COD-MW2 comes out?
I actually passed on this game due to there only being 3 maps and Battlefield: Bad Company being a far superior, and still very populated online. You can pick up Bad Company for ~$20 new at alot of places lately. Plus you get a full game.

Fat Princess is where it's at! :wave:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call on Fat Princess, I've been reading about it but never really looked to much into it - DL'ed it awhlie ago and played a few matches, pretty sweet thus far.

I was actually throwing around the idea of picking up BF-BC for cheap, so I'm downloading the demo again to see if it works out. Otherwise looks like I'll be rocking Fat Princess for awhile.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bad Company 2 is set to be released this winter, which no one will care about since Modern Warfare 2 is being released before it. If the geniuses at EA would delay the game another year to coincide with the alternate CoD games I guarantee they'd see better sales numbers. BC was a fun game though, single player was rather lame but the multiplayer was quite good.

Fat Princess is amusing but gets a bit repetitive and ends up in stalemates a lot, curious to see how the balancing in that game goes. I think that game was rushed out as well, as evidenced by crappy online play.

As for BF: 1943 - I enjoyed the demo but it's nothing unique or spectacular. I asked my friend if we should buy it and his reply was "why bother, we already have warhawk." So there ya go.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bad Company 2 is set to be released this winter, which no one will care about since Modern Warfare 2 is being released before it. If the geniuses at EA would delay the game another year to coincide with the alternate CoD games I guarantee they'd see better sales numbers. BC was a fun game though, single player was rather lame but the multiplayer was quite good.

Fat Princess is amusing but gets a bit repetitive and ends up in stalemates a lot, curious to see how the balancing in that game goes. I think that game was rushed out as well, as evidenced by crappy online play.

As for BF: 1943 - I enjoyed the demo but it's nothing unique or spectacular. I asked my friend if we should buy it and his reply was "why bother, we already have warhawk." So there ya go.

Bad Company 2 got delayed to the clusterf%#$ that is March '10. And WHY WHY WHY would you base a Battlefield game off of single player? Are you on crack?

And they already released a patch to Fat Princess, raising the respawn timers, clearing up the online latency/difficulty joining games. Did you even play the game since Wednesday of last week when they released the patch?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bad Company 2 got delayed to the clusterf%#$ that is March '10. And WHY WHY WHY would you base a Battlefield game off of single player? Are you on crack?

And they already released a patch to Fat Princess, raising the respawn timers, clearing up the online latency/difficulty joining games. Did you even play the game since Wednesday of last week when they released the patch?
If a game has a single player component it will be judged - simple as that. Modern Warfare was great because both sides (single & multi) we're great, BC had half of that equation.

And no, I haven't played Fat Princess since they patched it but my point remains valid because they needed to patch it. I have no doubt it's easier to get into and play games now but I bet there's still a patch or two coming with game adjustments.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I just bought BF 1943 a couple nights ago and I love it. I normally play racing games and this is the first shooter game I have beside GTA IV which isn't a shooter really. Once I had the demo I was addicted lol. It does kinda suck there is only like 4 different islands but it's not bad for $14.99. I was gonna get COD because alot of my friends have it but I will probably wait till the new one comes out now since it will only be like 2 months or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts