Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Eric Bostrom over the weekend and asked him about the rumor of Biaggi come back to MotoGP with Ducati, he said no way.

So I guess we will see who's right in the up and coming months.

Jason

·
Registered
591 Posts
Should be interesting. I think he'll end up with some sort of ride next year. There was a rumor on Road Racer X that Ilmor was going to do a couple of wildcard entries towards the end of the season, could Biaggi be the man?

Either way if Ducati doesn't take Biaggi, Kawasaki sure could use him. Then there's the Ilmor entry too.

·
WCR Racer
1,550 Posts
Who wants to use that guy? Max will only wreck and complain every time he will not win. And he is OLD.
He should go start a farm in the desert where he can’t bother anyone with his complaining and piss poor attitude.

N

·
0 Posts
I'll tell you what would be awesome: If Stoner went to Ducati!

Now that would be awesome! Imagine Ducati stealing Stoner from Honda and Yamaha. Oh yeah!

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I am not a Max fan I would still like him to come back. He makes MotoGP kinda like a soap opera. =]

Jason

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
You really think it's Dani???...

IMHO...I think it's the TRACTION CONTROL! (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

As for Biaggi...I agree w/ Visitor Q...He makes the premiere class interesting! Aside from his complaining and his hardships...He was and still has potential to be up w/ the top 5! No Ducati for him...so be it! I also agree that he would fit decently w/ Kawasaki, I think he'd do alot better than RDP. But still....Kawasaki, Suzuki, and this years' Ducati still have to catch up w/ Honda & Yamaha!

Btw...Stoner is f'n talented! I really enjoy watching that kid! He has much to learn...but wow...what potential!

·
Registered
591 Posts
RelfF2 said:
i think dani has convinced everyone that the old gaurd is out, and the young guns (excuse the nascar phrase) are the way to go. max is done.
Of the old guard I think Max is one of the few who can still ride at a decent level, but who knows, he looked like crap in the second half of 2005.

But yeah, with Stoner, Hayden, Pedrosa, Melandri, Vermeulen, and Hopkins leading the youth movement top seats are gonna be increasingly hard for the older guys to get.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
zus600rr#388 said:
with the sucess of the 250 champs i really think moto gp is going to be picking up those 250 guys. besides lets not forget next year the bike are going to be 800cc's
But they've been doing that for ages now! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the 250 class is the best stepping stone into GP!

All in all, W/ the 4 strokes, and now w/ traction control...It's going to be alot easier for less-talented riders or irregular riders to ride these machines.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i'm not saying its only dani...just that gp's are quickly going to the younger riders and the new generation is moving in. maybe max can still ride the bike, maybe he can't, but the fact is he's not going to win a championship and no one is going to waist time on a older rider who can't win the championship. his time has come and gone. i don't really care if he is entertaining, just seeing him riding around top ten with no chance to win is not what any maker wants from a guy like that, and just reminds me that he's a has been. later max.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
RelfF2 said:
i'm not saying its only dani...just that gp's are quickly going to the younger riders and the new generation is moving in. maybe max can still ride the bike, maybe he can't, but the fact is he's not going to win a championship and no one is going to waist time on a older rider who can't win the championship. his time has come and gone. i don't really care if he is entertaining, just seeing him riding around top ten with no chance to win is not what any maker wants from a guy like that, and just reminds me that he's a has been. later max.
Then you should also say goodbye to Capirossi, KR Jr., & Gibernau! Checa's time is almost up...Crap...lket's just throw in Edwards and Rossi too!

Yes...you get younger guys...but it's guys like the older ones who've helped make the bikes what they are today! The younger guys as they progress can eventually do that too! I'm not talking about every team...but the major ones.
Rossi and Burgess made the RC211V what is is today just like they did w/ The M1. And the same goes w/ Capirossi on the Duc. May not get the same outcome, but the younger guys aren't ready for that yet. I say throw on Biaggi to give his Tech analysis and better develop it for the younger riders!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Omarvelous said:
You really think it's Dani???...

IMHO...I think it's the TRACTION CONTROL! (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

Btw...Stoner is f'n talented! I really enjoy watching that kid! He has much to learn...but wow...what potential!
Its funny you wrote this. So for Dani its the traction control but Stoner is just f'n talented. Last I checked, they both ride Honda's and Dani is doing better.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
well, the difference is those guys all still have rides and max is a guy looking to get back into gp--- as in take a ride away from someone to give it to max. big difference. and alot of those guys you mentioned still are champtionship condenders, but some are not, and my guess is the ones who are not will be looking for superbike rides fairly soon. and btw, i'm not taking anything away from the guys who made the bikes what they are, i'm not dogging them, all i'm saying is that teams are under stress and looking for champtions... and max isn't one.

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Too_Funny said:
Its funny you wrote this. So for Dani its the traction control but Stoner is just f'n talented. Last I checked, they both ride Honda's and Dani is doing better.
Dani's talented too! I'm not knocking him! I think he's just a boring **** in his interviews...all in all...If KR Jr got tc...the rest of them Honda teams do too!

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
RelfF2 said:
well, the difference is those guys all still have rides and max is a guy looking to get back into gp--- as in take a ride away from someone to give it to max. big difference. and alot of those guys you mentioned still are champtionship condenders, but some are not, and my guess is the ones who are not will be looking for superbike rides fairly soon. and btw, i'm not taking anything away from the guys who made the bikes what they are, i'm not dogging them, all i'm saying is that teams are under stress and looking for champtions... and max isn't one.
I agree...but he's just as a contender as Capirossi, Barros, & Gibernau!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
um...i don't know how i feel about that statement....i would put caparossi ahead of him any day given his performance at the start of the season, but the other two....you're probably right.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Omarvelous said:
I say throw on Biaggi to give his Tech analysis and better develop it for the younger riders!
Eh, I mean look at what Max did as lead rider at Yamaha. Not so well. Then he was lead rider at Honda and he bitched and moaned about the bike. I don't think Max is the best or even a good guy to develop a bike into a contender given that he had exactly that job at Yamaha and Honda.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a pic. for you guys...

Jason

·
Registered
457 Posts
Too_Funny said:
Was thinking the same thing!

Every single MotoGP team uses traction control. So it's helping all of them, not just Dani and Casey. But I have heard Julian Ryder say that he reckons the only reason the 250 boys are so competitive so quickly is because the GP bikes are just like big 250s, largely because of the traction control. Back in the day, they were very different, with a much steeper learning curve.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts