Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be a good topic. I was at work last week and a guy camein carry'n a helmet and asked if i was the 1 who owned the 600rr. I told him yeah an he asked how long i have been riding. So i tel this guy i Have been riding for around 9 years, and his question to me was why didnt you get a 1000!!He said i ride a zx10. i then askedhim how long has he been riding and he said this was his first bike.

needless to say he came into work today with road rash all up his side and his feet.Hetold me he was going too fast andhit the rear brake on a curve he was wearing flip flops shorts and a wife beater!!!!

what is the deal with all these newbies on a 1k or bigger?I wasnt about to start preaching to him figured it wouldnt do any good!:tard: definent window licker imo

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well i guess he learned his lesson and will never be in shorts and flip flops again... F'in Squid...

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
not another one of these threads!!!!! okay ppl lets get this str8, i started on a 1k as my first bike. only accident on it was when i got hit by a cage. no msf class, passed the dmv test on my 1k with a week of riding on it. started racing it after only one trackday. c'mon really, different strokes for different folks. let this topic die already!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thought this would be a good topic. I was at work last week and a guy camein carry'n a helmet and asked if i was the 1 who owned the 600rr. I told him yeah an he asked how long i have been riding. So i tel this guy i Have been riding for around 9 years, and his question to me was why didnt you get a 1000!!He said i ride a zx10. i then askedhim how long has he been riding and he said this was his first bike.

needless to say he came into work today with road rash all up his side and his feet.Hetold me he was going too fast andhit the rear brake on a curve he was wearing flip flops shorts and a wife beater!!!!

what is the deal with all these newbies on a 1k or bigger?I wasnt about to start preaching to him figured it wouldnt do any good!:tard: definent window licker imo

hahahahhha

nice!

oh and i hope this doesnt turn in to another noobs and new bikes thread!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
my only issue with this is here is the fact that its his first bike and hes not wearing his gear!

·
Registered
882 Posts
not another one of these threads!!!!! okay ppl lets get this str8, i started on a 1k as my first bike. only accident on it was when i got hit by a cage. no msf class, passed the dmv test on my 1k with a week of riding on it. started racing it after only one trackday. c'mon really, different strokes for different folks. let this topic die already!
+1.
you're my hero

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
you dont count patty....:all_cohol

·
Registered
939 Posts
+870139471304712038471208432740192

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any motorcycle can be dangerous. It doesn't matter if it's a Hayabusa or Vespa (do scooters count as motorcycles?). If you ride like a moron, you will crash. Period.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
but what IS riding like a moron?

is it riding assertive-agressive with complete control?

being careless and unattentive?

or a combination

sometimes i get carried away on the street and look back thinking how moronic I was, but i think its the influence from here. Im always in complete control...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Im always in complete control...
I'm sure everyone that crashes was thinking that EXACT same thing up until they crashed. Everyone always thinks they're not riding above their head until they end up in the hospital.

Aggressive driving is pretty dangerous in and of itself... sometimes you think you have everything planned but someone does something you were not expecting (and you did something unconventional/aggressive... like passing 2-3 cars) and you end up paying the price.

The biggest danger is speed differentials between you and other vehicles... speed is often hard to judge specially bikes, cars might not expect you to be going as fast as you are... and our bikes makes getting to speed far too easy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Having the 1000CC bike isn't helping this guy AT ALL but lets face it from the description you're giving he'd probably still manage to ride like an asswipe and act like one too. If the guy was stupid enough to ride with flip flops and no gear that just shows his attitude. He has no idea what he is doing and yeah maybe he'd be better on a 250 or something but I have a feeling he'd just crash on that too. He needs some mental reconditioning.

·
Registered
783 Posts
*sobs* Please, for the love of God, not ANOTHER one of the f'n threads!

There are stupid people in this world, with little to no common sense. The End.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Something like this?

ssssssssssssssssssssssssss..."SQUID!!!"
haha, I caught this guy about to jump on the freeway...right about the part it bottle necks and people drive like ****, good luck buddy...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Notice the proper squid attire.
1. Flip flops
2. Boardshorts
3. T-shirt
4. non-strapped helmet (happened to notice when I passed him.)
5. take your pick...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it depends on the person, either way no matter wat bike ur on it takes a LOOONG time to learn to ride IT properly, every bike is different and you need to learn to ride it. Not wearing ur gear is just askin for trouble. Some people cant fit on a 600 let alone a 250, but some people say those who worked their way up to a litre bike can ride better, some people are just natural. Wether a begginer or not, a litre bike is a lot to handle and u need to be just as careful watever bike u ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts