Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
C.F.A. Member -----WHo's your ** MAC Fatty **
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was looking to get a good 1pc suit for a semi decent price. only problem is i am 6'2 and about 270lbs football player build haha. kinda hard to find a suit and definitely cant afford a custom suit. anyone have any ideas on who might make a bigger one? thanks

-Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sup Mike, try AGV, I am 6'1 240 but not football player build mine is all gut Lol, and my size 52 fits pretty good, I think they go a little higher if you would need to.

K

·
0 Posts
now THIS is what i've been looking for!

I'm 5'10 @ ~230 or so and those AGV suits look good too! do you have a fav. retailer for these suits? i should ask nick if he carries them.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yeah nick has them at MRI...they have good prices on them too..i actually thought about picking up the SP4 but wound up getting a good deal on a JR Speedmaster

K

·
0 Posts
Well, right now it's a battle of the JR Honda 1pc from NewEnough ($809) or the SP4 from MRI for $500. actually i kinda like the AGVSport better. i've heard questionable comments of the JR brand.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm 5'-8" & 220ish with a 27 inseam!! I tryed on Motogp-A-Stars-Joe Rockets and let me tell you it was'nt made for the +size average guy. I now have a off the rack Komodo "44" and fts me really good, and not like an Medevil torture contraption.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Knightslugger said:
Well, right now it's a battle of the JR Honda 1pc from NewEnough ($809) or the SP4 from MRI for $500. actually i kinda like the AGVSport better. i've heard questionable comments of the JR brand.
yeah i hear ya...but they fit...the JR was a bit bigger than A* everywhere so its better for bigger dudes...the length was also good for me...i tried on a A* 42 and JR 42 and the A* was still a bit long...but i do know ill prolly be upgrading to an A* sometime..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the AGV Phantom it runs around 650 and its great, comfortable, has the race hump, not much more you can ask for.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm leaning hevilly twords the SP4. I sent Nick a PM about fit. i'll ask you guys too:

5'10 ~230 stocky build ~50 chest ~40 waist good fit for the SP2 in a size 50 or would i need a little length tailering or would you suggest a 48 for a tighter fit?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
if you can find a dealer try them on...thats the hard part with agv cuz i dont know anyone who carries them on hand...i would go 50 because remember you still need to fit a back protector in there

K

·
0 Posts
AFAIK there are no dealers around that sell "racing" breed suits in central wisconsin...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yeah well even in cali i dont know a place that carries agv on hand

·
C.F.A. Member -----WHo's your ** MAC Fatty **
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah the kimodos look like they would be comfortable suits. i am just unsure of size. i guess i can go to one of the shops around here and get a general feel for the different brands

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yeah...you could try to do that...i think its more the length thats different rather than the circumference...both the A* and JR were about the same tightness wise...but length is where the JR fit better

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yup built with more of an 'american' sized cut

1 - 16 of 16 Posts