Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm out here in search of a big radiator at a actual affordable price. I'm not sure if this will come off as more of a rant or a wtb alternative. I just don't see how companies can justify asking 3-6k for a racing radiator while I could literally buy a entire racing bike for that. It doesn't make sense, so I'm looking for a alternative. My goal is to keep the bike cool on track but not at such a high price tag... It's kinda nuts I bought a big ass CSF radiator for my 370z for 600 bucks but can't find a suitable radiator for a Honda to save my life. I just don't get the price gouging.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I hear you, I was surprised at the prices for a good aftermarket rad.

Best I could find was a used/fairly good condition HRC rad for $3k +...about 3 years ago.

Interested in what you find, also hope OveRRev gifts you some pearls of wisdom to this...and posts it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you, I was surprised at the prices for a good aftermarket rad.

Best I could find was a used/fairly good condition HRC rad for $3k +...about 3 years ago.

Interested in what you find, also hope OveRRev gifts you some pearls of wisdom to this...and posts it!
It's insane what they ask for them. 😂 Usually, I hope my posts are spotted by the likes of some of you guys.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
The best you can do is to install a secondary radiator or fit a bigger radiator from a Fireblade. I happen to score a used HRC secondary radiator for $200 many years ago. I also remember a guy selling an HR. SBK radiator for the 03-06 600RR for $800 but the deal fell short. The guy's name here is venom I think. You could contact a race radiator fabricator on eBay to have one made for you, they're based in HK or China. Let me see if I can find them again.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have found a cheap alternative also. I found a guy here in the us that puts together random radiator cores. I think I'm going to contact him next week.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Blue Grille Font Automotive tire Gas
Product Sleeve Font Gas Glove
Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2007 onwards are different to 2003 to 2006.
Yeah I'm ok with light modification as it's a track only bike. I'm just trying to figure out how to accomplish it for less than a few thousand dollars. I'm going to contact a custom rad shop next week and see what I can drum up. I see they make all sorts of custom rads/heat exchangers. I've found a few for 700 bucks like the ones provided above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts