Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should have posted this exactly two weeks ago , but i was too pissed off to do it ... but yeah the dmv screwed me over with my licenses :banghead:

i got my driver's license at 17 and then i got my motorcycle license at 18 ... to make a long story short , it was my 21st birthday :cake: last tuesday and i had to get both of my licenses renewed ( not only so that i can now drink legally :cheerss: and gamble , but to continue driving and riding :Fiddy: ) ... so i went to the dmv , gave my papers , took the eye test , and told them i was going to renew my license as a class dm ... the guy checks the records and tells me i only have a motorcycle license :shock: , i was like WTF !? it seems that when i got my motorcycle license , the dmv decided to cancel my driver's license :cussing: ... so i was like driving the car for almost three years without a license !! i always wondered why i had two separate licenses ... but i was supposed to have one with both classes on it , but now the guy tells me that i would have to take the written test and road test all over again :nono: ... it was a good thing that my ex's mother worked at the dmv cause she got her supervisors and even called up albany for me to reinstate my driver's license :D ... in the end her friends in albany got both classes under my name again ... it could have been worse , if i didn't know her then i would have gotten back in line to take my written test all over again :(

i don't know how this goes in any other states but for you new yorkers make sure you have both classes on one license or else you may have been screwed over by the dmv :eviltongue:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The DMV is a dumb ass bunch...My fiance's birthday is 8/15 and the person at the DMV typed 5/15 in her license (guess the 8 looked like a 5)... too bad she was already 21 by the time it happened or she would have gained somethig from it. The problem is fixed now, but I thought it was a funny mistake. It just shows that you need to know someone on the inside and you could have a new birthday as far as bouncers are concerned.

·
Registered
919 Posts
no car license here no MC endorsement...
Same in Cali, got to have an auto license first. NIAOB

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
that is just messed up... i never had a problem with mine..

In NY you dont need a regular car drivers license to get a bike license.. kinda messed up..

that sucks though but good thing they got it straightened away..

NEW YORK STATE DMV DEPARTMENT.. the best way to describe them...
did you ever see the Seinfeld Episode with the Soup Nazi?? that is what the lines are like with NYS DMV.. and the people behind the counter are like the Soup Nazi..it just absolutely sucks to have to deal with these people.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
xmalambotzx, Uhh, In NY, A class M license also allows you to drive a car, you don't need two licenses. Class M covers auto's and motorcycles. As far as I know at least. My dad's license is Class M and has been for 25 years without a problem.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can top that. Just started dating my now wife who's mother is a state rep and father was the ex mayor and she takes me to renew my DL. They process my papers and am standing in line and 2 state troopers come and "detain" me in front of the entire waiting area. They do the hands on the wall frisk thing and then are handcuffing me. The trooper is giving me the third degree and I'm like WTF. I'm no upstanding citizen when it comes to "traffic" situations(now the track is it for me), but I have never comitted any other crimes. So I'm freakinfg out. The trooper is telling me I have warrants for armed robbery and felony assault on a police officer from Illinios. My wife is freaking out in the waiting room calling her folks.....GREAT our daughters boyfriend is a criminal, and I'm now starting to get irritated because the trooper won't answer any of my questions. Finally, I'm like listen this is my DOB, my SSN, etc even though this is all on my DL file, where is this warrant and I want to see it. I'm 6'2 and 185lbs. brown hair and eyes the warrant was for someone with the same first and last name, not initial, who was 5'6 and 145lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes. It was all there in black and white on the warrant. So I advised them of this and he reluctantly released me. Long story sorry. Here's the best part, when you do your renewal your DL here has a magnetic strip like a credit card with all your info on it and they make you do a fingerprint ID. Since the DMV already processed my info. before detaining me, my DL now states I am a wanted felon. WHOOOHOOO :p . Anytime I am stopped there is the possiblity of going to lock up!!! I recently moved and had to change my address and guess what..... It all friggin happened again.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The DMV sucks... Last time i went they changed the laws in NJ and you need like 6 points of ID. Passport being 3 pts, then birth certificate being 2 pts, and college ID being 1 PT. Anyway on top of the 6 poits ID you need a proof of residency. Believe it or not but the current license doesnt apply, even tho it has the address on it. So i needed to get a college transcript or a bank statement or something. I got a college transcript printed out from the internet, since i didnt want to drive all the way back home to get something else. Well the printed out transcript didnt have an address on it. So i came up with the bright idea to just type in the address. The stupid DMV had no idea. Makes you think... If i did it any idiot can do something like that and get a license. The DMV laws are horrible

·
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WherzRoony, first i got my class d license , then i expected to get a class dm license after i passed the motorcycle road test ... but in the mail i got a class m license instead , so the whole time i thought i was supposed to have a separate class d and class m license ... which in the end i find out that i'm not supposed to :(

i don't know if different areas in ny apply with licenses ... but as far as i know it , you need a class d to drive cages and a class m to ride bikes ... if you wanted to do both then you would combine them to make a class dm license

·
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jonesti, :pray: my problem is just a splinter compared to the nail in your foot ... that really sucks man :evil: the same thing happened to a co worker of mine , same name and date of birth and everything only they apparently had a warrant out for his arrest in north carolina for coke smuggling :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts