Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals, just wondering if anyone has placed bigger grips on their clipons?

just wondering cuz i have big hands and my index and middle finger wrap all the way around and touch my palm on the stock grips.. i think itd be alil bit more comfortable if i had thicker/ widder grips..

what do you all think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
i wouldn't mind some bigger grips myself, i know there are several different kinds however the only bigger ones i have seen were always the big spongy ones found on old beater bikes

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya thats why im curious if anyone has actually done this or if im just retarded.. i just think itd be more comfortable with bigger grips..

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
same with the Driven grips i got, i agree that bigger would be better. i wear an XL glove and have the exact same issue, if you figure out another set of grips that are bigger than the Driven let me know cause i am in, but the ones i have arent too bad

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same with the Driven grips i got, i agree that bigger would be better. i wear an XL glove and have the exact same issue, if you figure out another set of grips that are bigger than the Driven let me know cause i am in, but the ones i have arent too bad
ya i dont like it too much ahah.. maybe ill just have to get bigger clipons.. but i dont know how feasible that is

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
yeah but the tubes are all the same size, so even if you were able to get the bigger clipon tube, you wouldnt find a grip that would fit...and plus your throttle is your limiting factor on clipon tube size

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but the tubes are all the same size, so even if you were able to get the bigger clipon tube, you wouldnt find a grip that would fit...and plus your throttle is your limiting factor on clipon tube size
true.. i didnt even think bout that.. damn japanese engineers need to figure out something for our bigger hands!!! haha..

·
Registered
847 Posts
You know what they say about a guy with big hands......

He wears big gloves and has a pain in the @ss when it comes to motorcycle clipons.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
hahahhaahhah....hahahahahhhhhhaaa that was funny. but seriously this is a problem with us that have big hands, throttle control is the MOST imoprtant thing on the track..so :(

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahahhaahhah....hahahahahhhhhhaaa that was funny. but seriously this is a problem with us that have big hands, throttle control is the MOST imoprtant thing on the track..so :(
its also a lil problem while stuntin... i just feel itd be a lot better if they made bigger grips haha.. gosh this sucks

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
yeah thats true not like you have a whole lotta twisties out in NE :)...but throttle control is still important in your sport.

·
Registered
570 Posts
hey guys/gals, just wondering if anyone has placed bigger grips on their clipons?

just wondering cuz i have big hands and my index and middle finger wrap all the way around and touch my palm on the stock grips.. i think itd be alil bit more comfortable if i had thicker/ widder grips..

what do you all think?
I originally changed my grips of my rr3 to a set of Spider grips which was really nice, but then I had slight problems where I wasn't getting enough throttle (i.e. I would have to let go of the throttle and re-grip a couple of times to get that power)...so out of suggestion I changed my grips to Oxford heated grips, which are much thicker and has an amazing difference all round. I think it's basically preference, I have tiny hands, but I didn't like having to let go of the throttle each time.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
yeah i agree, that design of the throttle being a 1/2 turn (slightly exagerated :) ) is something similar to our displays being a % of while riding(everyone has to readjust to get to full throttle the human wrist does NOT bend that far....see the BLAITANT design flaw)...the manufacturers dont want us rining these bikes on the street with ALL the potential that is in them. hence the slight impeadances as the throttle. if you swich up to the HRC 1/6 you will feel TONS more throttle control :) you will get on the gas faster and you will chop the gas faster... its all little things but it will MAKE you ride more aggressivly with out changing your riding style (if that makes sense)

·
Registered
223 Posts
yeah i agree, that design of the throttle being a 1/2 turn (slightly exagerated :) ) is something similar to our displays being a % of while riding(everyone has to readjust to get to full throttle the human wrist does NOT bend that far....see the BLAITANT design flaw)...the manufacturers dont want us rining these bikes on the street with ALL the potential that is in them. hence the slight impeadances as the throttle. if you swich up to the HRC 1/6 you will feel TONS more throttle control :) you will get on the gas faster and you will chop the gas faster... its all little things but it will MAKE you ride more aggressivly with out changing your riding style (if that makes sense)
Interesting thread... I dislike readjusting my grip to gain more throttle too. I commute and I ride as slow as 55-60 and as fast as 100 :cruising: lol. That is alot of readjusting. dumb question but any idea where you can get the 1/6 HRC? The dealer? I have Harris grips on my Kawi and they did seem a tad thicker to me also. If I find one of the HRC tubes I'm putting Harris grips on mine. I too wear lrg/xlrg gloves depending on style.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
well ebay has the full kit for 125 shipped, comes with EVERYTHING

dont just do the tube, as the cables are too long stock so you wont get full throttle

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had thicker grips on my old bike, they were comfortable but you seem to lose some throttle feel....could be just me but all racers seem to stick to skinny grips.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts