Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone on this forum has been given a break when pulled over by the popo at least once....we all have a story where YOU KNOW you should have gotten a ticket but didnt.

One night at about 11:00 pm I was cooking down the freeway just shy of 100 MPH. A cop came screaming down an on ramp and tucked in behind me with the lights on :police:

I was super cooperative and after he ran my license and plate number HE LET ME GO !!! HOLY SCHNIKEYS :toothy4: Told me to slow it down and to take it home...Whew...I deserved a ticket but he was cool...(thank god)

Alright...everyone has a story...whats yours.

What's the biggest break a LEO has given you?

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Speeding (105km/h in an 80),, No License in vehicle, no insurance in vehicle, (i had my license and insurance papers but not in my car at the time for some reason).. I was super co-operative also, and i told him I was just comming home from a first date (true), cop said he could have given me $600 dollars worth of tickets, but he wrote me two warnings for the license and insurance ($0.00)..

I felt like I won something LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
idk if this counts because he didnt clock me but he gave me enough of a hard time about it. I just got done putting my k20a2 in my civic with blueprint stage 2 cams ti valve springs/retainers and abunch of other stuff. there is this road in the country thats flat no houses just farm feilds so i went out there to open it up. I was in fourth gear doing about 120-125 ish when i saw the county mounty sitting in the feild out of his car. I blew past hit and new he was after me so i slowed to the speed limit... when he pulled me over he accused me of doing around 65 mph in a 55 i LMAO

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Speeding with 2 buddies on a backroad, one lane each way with a double yellow. We pass a state trooper hidden on the side of the road 110+ on the wrong side of the yellow. We get pulled over down the road and after what seemed like an eternity of waiting for the cop to take my license and bike on the spot, he comes back with two unclear plate tickets and a registration ticket for the other guy cause he forgot to renew it.

Best cop ever. After he took our info and was sitting in the car for a while he even told us over the speaker "just a few more minutes guys sorry for the wait" all I could think off was how many points he was writing up. To be honest me and the other guy were gonna run but the guy leading didn't even see the cop so we all pulled over.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Back home in Alaska I was doing about 120MPH in a 65MPH zone and we all dubbed this one unmarked unit in particular the "black pearl" becuase she'd pop up behind you out of no where and snatch ya up. Well long behold what I saw a long ass ways behind me in my shakey ass mirror... yup... the pearl and I knew he was coming for me. He wasn't going code yet.... so I pulled over shut 'er down and waited. He intiated the lights when he pulled in behind me and thanked me for stopping. I said well slap it on me. Cuffs? Jail? Court? Huge fine and SR-22 I told 'em it's my fault for operating like I was and i'm ready for what comes with it. He ran my **** for wants and warrants. Came back and said "Well I know the bike and I know the rider now" Keep it easy and pass the word were out here. He then contuned to tell me he used to own a hurricane back in the day but had to sell it due to conflict of interests and how he could never keep it within the speed limits.

·
Registered
744 Posts
101km/h in a 60km/h zone...

Got a warning....

Then there was this other time I was muckin around and had my mate on the back. I just installed my Arrow Race exhaust and decided to wind her up in first gear SLOWLY up to redline... cops were doing random breath testing on the other side of the road. They stopped me and asked me what the fek I was doing. They thought I must have been going uber fast 'cause of the exhaust note :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
this wasn't on my bike but heres my story...

I was 18. Just graduated HS. Just got back from scheduling my Criminal Justice classes for college. That night went to my friends grad party. Of course drinking. I had a few beers but waited a while before driving. I was 1 mile away from my girlfriends house...About 2am...I see reflections of a State HWY Patrol at a stop sign when I came over the hump in the road...I was going 63 in a 55 country road. I know i was going 63 b/c I set my cruise thinking, Im not gonna get pulled over for speeding with this cooler full of Coors Lights in the bed of my truck! (this was in Ohio and anyone who knows anything about state troopers knows they are strict, but you can usually get away with about 7-10 mph over). I pass him when he is at the stop sign...I see the lights flip on..."****!"...pulled over...Asked me if I had been drinking.

ME:"Yes, sir, I had 1 or 2 at my friends grad party."
HIM " Ok, sir, step out of the truck for me..."
Me:"This is gonna suck"
Him" Why"
Me" B/c I just got back from scheduling my CJ classes today! I want to be a LEO, and I'm a mile away from where I'm going for the rest of the night"
Him: Oh really
Me: Yes, sir
him: Well, step out of the truck for me. What is in the cooler in the bed of the truck?
Me: Beer, my buddies dad is a deputy for the county, and I told him I would take it home so he wouldn't get in trouble
Him: Ok, stand in front of my cruiser, and open all of those bottles and dump them out
Me: Yes, sir
Him: Well Jorden, you seem to be able to drive and don't seem drunk, so I'm going to let you go to your destination, but don't do this again.

He pulled me over for crossing the center line. Gave me a written warning. I should have been charged for DUI at the age of 18...

I was VERY lucky! And let me remind you, this was an Ohio State Highway Patrol Officer! They aren't referred to in Ohio as State Dicks for nothing. But this guy probably saved my future and a LOT of heartache!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
^^^ you're one lucky mofo:all_cohol

well i have 2 stories, both on the bike.

first one i was going 125mph on a 70 hwy/tollroad. all by myself and no traffic whatsoever, as i come up on a hill a motorcycle cop is clocking me from the side of the road!!! i was for sure that i'm busted but he didn't even get on his bike and just gave me the hand signal to slow down. damn nice cop, but he prolly figured he couldn't catch me at that speed anyway...

2nd time, me and about 7 riding friends (3 are girl riders) are on the way to Stuntwars in Lakeland. Me and my chick friend on her 05RR in front of the group, a FHP car pulls up next to us on Interstate-4 and motions for me and my friend to pull over. We do as the rest of the group keeps going. when we stop and get checked for ID's/registration, cop says there were reports of sportbikes doing wheelies on the highway. me and my friend we're like, yeah right! at that time i havent even learned how to wheelie yet. so he lets us go.

and this probably doesnt count, but i've topped out the RR at 167mph TWICE, and never got pulled over....

·
Registered
20 Posts
i only have one, i was doing about 80 on a 45 and passes a car on a double solid yellow. got pulled over and the cop asked for the usuall. saw my insurence was through a military org and let me go saying i should know better being in the military. nice guy, i thought i was going to die cause i couldnt afford a ticket at the time.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I was allowed to ride my bike home and avoid jail after sitting in a cruiser for about 2 hours due to my actions.

I did end up paying about $1,700.00 in penalties and fines, but considering, I was VERY LUCKY!

They have 14 citations and apparently had been chasing me through 2 counties but I didn't honestly know.

At the time I didn't know double the speed limit was a felony. (Highway was 70mph)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
86 in a 35. cop pulled me over and i look him straight in the face and go "i gotta poop!" and he followed me back to my office and ran my plates and let me go w/ a verbal warning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
IL State Cop snuck up behind me as I rode a wheelie across a bridge, after I set it down I was waiting for my buddy to catch up so I slowed down, saw head lights coming up, then he turned his lights on. No clue it was a cop till his lights came on! Asked why I thought he pulled me over. Told him for riding a wheelie. Asked me how fast I was going and said I didn't know because I wasn't looking. Wrote me up and asked again how fast I was going, said I didn't know but maybe 70 (it was 85). Got "Operating a Motorcycle on One Wheel", no reckless driving (thank god) and no speeding. Thought everything was gravy till I saw the judge to get court supervision (gets ticketed off record). Doubled supervision time, doubled the fine and made me take a 4 hour class.

Then just this year passed a county cop goin 80 on a backroad, deciding whether or not to take off, I look in the mirror to see him flash his lights on and off and never hit his brakes! Same thing happened about 2 weeks later in the same county on my way to Aurora one morning going 80 in a 50!

I've also been pulled over for 62 in a 45 and let off in my truck by a county cop also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts