Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine, Mark. Wanted to buy a bike. So he listens to his friend Chris. I'll keep it simple, theres a line to wait in for 5 minutes alone with this Chris fellow. This Chris fellow thinks he knows everything about anything. Tried telling me I don't know anything about F-bodies or Corvettes (thats my job mind you), but his mental prowess also extends into bikes as well and told my friend Rick he didn't know anything about bikes (he used to work at a Ducati dealer a few years ago as a mechanic). Keep in mind, Chris has never ridden a bike before in his life. So they both head down to the local cycle shop and spy an 04 Gixxer 600. . . Lemme recap, whats the MSRP for the Gixxer brand new, 8,300 or something in that ball park range? Do you think they picked it up for this much? No no no, you would think less right? Noooooooooooo. . . My buddy Mark paid $10,900 for a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600. Yes, thats right, $10.9K. And his friend Chris told him "thats a good deal."

Now I know you all are thinking "[email protected]!" But just when you think they hit rock bottom, Chris throws this lil curveball your way and states to Mark that the 04 Gixxer 600, yes, 599cc's, will OUTRUN my buddy's 01 929RR. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the dumbest guy on the face of the earth. . .

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
douglasgraham said:
Can you get him to buy something from me? Tell him to call anytime day or night.
+1 I've got some beautiful Ocean-front property I've been /dying/ to get rid of.. PM for pics (giggle)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
"I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona, if you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free!" A few months ago a local Suzuki dealer was selling brand new 04 GSXR 600's for $6900! Now I think THATS a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Wow, the salseman must've been trying his hardest to keep from giggling like a little girl while he made that sale.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hot Rod said:
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the dumbest guy on the face of the earth. . .
Chris or Mark? "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him...?"

plz plz plz tell me this is an april fools joke... ick...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dxh13 said:
Hot Rod said:
Chris or Mark? "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him...?"

But this ain't an april fool's joke, this happened wednesday. We're trying to get him to take it back ASAP.

I would say Mark cuz he shouldn't be riding at all. He failed his written test twice and had the bike trailered home cuz he can't ride it. Chris, yeah he's a fool. Here's another reason why I say theres a line of people wanting a piece of him. Chris tagged along with Mark to my buddy Rodney's farm for shooting along with a guy named Marty and Marty's friend. Chris has NEVER fired anything in his life (but of course he prolly thinks he knows everything). They were firing a tactical shotgun and when Chris got done he was supposed to eject the remaining catridges out of the gun. Marty asked if he did so and Chris said "yeah" then pointed the gun at the ground, near his foot, and pulled the trigger and it fired a shot into the ground. The gun kicked out of Chris' hand and the debris from the ground hit Marty's friend in the face. The initial reaction Marty's friend was yelling cuz he thought he got shot and Marty's initial reaction was to reach for his pistol holstered under his arm and shoot Chris cuz he thought he just shot his friend but his jacket was zipped up. So when the dust settled Marty realized his friend didn't get shot.

So as you can see this Chris guy isn't the brightest cookie in the bunch and he's pissed quite a few people off within this select crowd I hang around.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hot Rod said:
dxh13 said:
Hot Rod said:

But this ain't an april fool's joke, this happened wednesday. We're trying to get him to take it back ASAP.

I would say Mark cuz he shouldn't be riding at all. He failed his written test twice and had the bike trailered home cuz he can't ride it. Chris, yeah he's a fool. Here's another reason why I say theres a line of people wanting a piece of him. Chris tagged along with Mark to my buddy Rodney's farm for shooting along with a guy named Marty and Marty's friend. Chris has NEVER fired anything in his life (but of course he prolly thinks he knows everything). They were firing a tactical shotgun and when Chris got done he was supposed to eject the remaining catridges out of the gun. Marty asked if he did so and Chris said "yeah" then pointed the gun at the ground, near his foot, and pulled the trigger and it fired a shot into the ground. The gun kicked out of Chris' hand and the debris from the ground hit Marty's friend in the face. The initial reaction Marty's friend was yelling cuz he thought he got shot and Marty's initial reaction was to reach for his pistol holstered under his arm and shoot Chris cuz he thought he just shot his friend but his jacket was zipped up. So when the dust settled Marty realized his friend didn't get shot.

So as you can see this Chris guy isn't the brightest cookie in the bunch and he's pissed quite a few people off within this select crowd I hang around.
So chris about got shot by Marty as a "reflex" at a shooting range? You've got some odd friends.. Very odd.. I'm glad my friends don't grab for their guns when people get hurt when I'm out at the firing range. lol.

:RPG:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I found out the details last night when I went over Mark's. WOW! Its bad!!! Appearantly they had the bike stickered at $10,900. They did all the financing, called the bank, got everything ready to go at 9.X% interest. He originally looked at an RR there for $7,000 they had on the sticker (used I'm assuming). He went back and said "give me this [gixxer] for the price of that [rr] and I'll buy it." He said the guy went back and was gone for 25 minutes then came back and said "ok we can make that work." So he had to call the bank back for a different loan, etc. . . He didn't even explain the interest rate had gone up before Mark signed the papers. So when it was all said and done here's how things looked

Bike = $7,000
Suzuki Extended Warranty = $1,500!!!!!!!!!
APR = 19%!!!!!!

Oh it gets worse! I asked Mark what his payments were and he said "$99 a month." I said that didn't add up for a 5 year like you said. Then he explained "well I pay the bike off first without the interest for that 5 years and then after that I pay what the actual interest is." My buddy Rick interrupted and explained how he's paying compound interest on the bike. So he's essentially gonna be paying $100 a month for 120 months = $12,000 when its all said and done spread out over 10 years.

We told him he needs to take the bike back ASAP. Now I have a question for you guys. What are the laws about taking a bike back. I know for a car you have 30 days is it essentially the same for the bike? What can he do to give/make them take this bike back. He bought this on monday or tuesday. I told him if he wants to kill himself on this EXACT looking gixxer (yellow/blk scheme), my buddy is selling his '05 for $5500 and its already broken in.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thats allmost as bad as me kinda, Im paying 26% intrest on $4000 of the financing on my 03RR I just bought. My RR had 950 miles on it and was $6700 out the door.

My credit is Sh%T.....

But I traded my old bike and am paying $200 a mo. for 36 mo. , my GF says "You are an idiot" but my RR is a sweet ride and is woth the $200 a mo. to me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
"So he's essentially gonna be paying $100 a month for 120 months = $12,000 when its all said and done spread out over 10 years. "

Not really, because of financial intrest rates you can't just add up the money like that. A dollar tomorrow is worth less than a dollar today. Get your friend mark to explain it to you, he might know

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HyperDeathKill said:
"So he's essentially gonna be paying $100 a month for 120 months = $12,000 when its all said and done spread out over 10 years. "

Not really, because of financial intrest rates you can't just add up the money like that. A dollar tomorrow is worth less than a dollar today. Get your friend mark to explain it to you, he might know
I'm not sure what your getting at. I understand its not as simple as I made it out to be. I haven't looked at his papers cuz he didn't have them when we were at his house, he gave them to his mother. He is indeed getting fucked, I assure you of that. Nobody walks out of this cycle shop proper. Once I see the papers I'll definitely let you know whats going on.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well, Here in CA there is no cooling off period. Meaning once you sign the papers and takes the bike it's his.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
gaRRyder said:
"I've got some ocean-front property in Arizona, if you'll buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in free!" A few months ago a local Suzuki dealer was selling brand new 04 GSXR 600's for $6900! Now I think THATS a pretty good deal!
Check into it, there's a chance that it could have come from MMI. Suzuki donates X number of brand new bikes here each year for the Suzuki techs to work on as "customer bikes" We play with them for a year (never touching the engine or anything like that...just doing basic maintnece services) and then when we're done with them, we prep them for a dealership, Suzuki takes them and drops them off at various places over the country and sells for dirt cheap because they're "not perfect". My goal is to find out where these bikes are landing when I hit Suzuki, so that I can pick one up when I get out of school down here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts