Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard cops love to mess with bikes. Luckily, I don't know first-hand...yet. What are the worst things/harshest punishment you guys have gotten pulled over for?

And do you go to jail for wheelies? or just a ticket?

·
Registered
244 Posts
usualy a ticket or multiple tickets for wheelies. worst ticket i ever got was a careless driving......i had just put my new exhaust on my old r6 and went ripping down an on ramp (wanted to hear the new exhaust scream) 96mph in a 65 $400 , learned a lesson and never screwed around again

·
Registered
492 Posts
$450 for 110 in 70 (CHP). That is what he clocked me at, not what i was doing right before i saw him. oh and it wasnt on a bike. subaru WRX.

Me and a friend just got pulled over on the 4th of july. we were leaving his house around 9 pm to go watch fireworks. as we turn on to a bigger street (still 35 mph zone) i guess we were doing 60. well that is what the cop said we were doing. he was pasing us from behind. well anyways he pulled us over and said if we both had insurance he would let us go and of course we were freee as a bird. He was like i know how these things get a way from you, I have a 929. and that was the end of it. I think i have been harrassed more in cars than on my bike. I have been pulled over 4 times on a bike and only got one ticket. I have only been signalled to pull over 4 times. That number might be higher but i never saw lights. I would never run from cops.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
2 or three months ago some friends and I were riding and my friend on the RC-51 got clocked. Ticket was $545.00 92mph in a 45. 6 points on his driver liscence, but his first ever ticket at 33yrs age.

·
Registered
996 Posts
2 reckless driving tickets - got one thrown out (burnout through an intersection - cop was three cars behind me but didn't show up to court) and got the other reduced to unsafe lane change (passed cars in the median in my Accord - cop didn't show at court). I got ten tickets that year and got my license suspended. Ah, to be young and foolish again...

(BTW - it was over 15 years ago)

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
[RANT] Back when 55 MPH was the big thing on interstates, I got three tickets for doing 67-70 mph in a car on this one deserted strech of higway in a little over a year. Then they raised the speed limit to 65. I want a refund for the hundreds of dollars that **** cost me[/RANT]

Luckily I haven't had a ticket on the bike yet, but I know all of thier favorite speed trap locations around here.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
RD twice, once for small wheelie on my 95 YZF600 and someone called me and my 2 friends in.... we got off with a seat belt violation (dont ask but the judge was cool and we paid our $45)

The second was 128 in a 65, got RD, would have walked away fine but the cops backup was the cheif, so i got the ticket, walked out of that one also without a dime paid. Long story....

·
Registered
881 Posts
This one time at band camp, I was doing 205mph and some dude in an airplane busted me several miles down the road. He actually clocked me at 311mph but I had to slow down when he dropped the Cesna onto hwy 61 blocking my path. After a brief shoot-out with the troopers, I gave up....
$32 ticket and "no, no, bad boy, bad boy" from the copper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
my biggest ticket was about 1500$ reduced to 800$ when i went to court ...they hit me for. driving on a permit in the dark and on a freeway ..adn w/ out insurance and reg. and speeding in a construction zone.
it was a nasty ticket when i first started riding ...i had to pay that on a payment plan

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Camel Jockey said:
This one time at band camp, I was doing 205mph and some dude in an airplane busted me several miles down the road. He actually clocked me at 311mph but I had to slow down when he dropped the Cesna onto hwy 61 blocking my path. After a brief shoot-out with the troopers, I gave up....
$32 ticket and "no, no, bad boy, bad boy" from the copper.
LOL, you were 2 wanted levels from having the National Guard being called on you.

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
i got a handicap ticket for $250, i wasnt even in the handicap spot, i was in then striped area. well the cop just wanted to make a point, so he never turned it in. the funny thing was that he was talking about how he used to have a bike, but at the same time be a huge ****. so i was happy it never got turned it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
damn i got nailed by a chp who was totalley "pms" ing that day. i forgot my wallet at home keep in mind. i got nailed for speeding, wreckless driving, exiting the carpool lane, no lisence, no ins, no registration, and got my bike impounded on top of it. that ticket cost me over 2,000 dollars!!!!! i was one unhappy rider that day!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last month got clocked going 75.6 in a 25. Fine was $175.50 and got 5 points on my license. I had the urge to crack it open in 1st gear, so I did. Still waiting for a mandatory court date...

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Joey600RR said:
where was this? i havent gotten anything on my bike *knock on wood* :beer:
Hwy 94, 4 cop cars sitting on the side of the road pulling bikes over. I was just cruising. They pulled 6 of us over at the same time. My first and only ticket. 1 point and no traffic school.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
bw1128 said:
i got a handicap ticket for $250, i wasnt even in the handicap spot, i was in then striped area. well the cop just wanted to make a point, so he never turned it in. the funny thing was that he was talking about how he used to have a bike, but at the same time be a huge ****. so i was happy it never got turned it.
That is the handicapped area. Some people need ramps to get in and out of their cars and vans.

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
i know that now. dont park there anymore, i learned my lesson. what are points on you license? how do you know how many you have?

H

·
0 Posts
i have gotten 2 tickets ever.. knock on wood..

one for running a campus stop sign.. $25 campus fine.. not a real ticket

one for disobeying a officers orders.. $50.. this one was a left off.. i was actually speeding, i did not yield and my bike was not inspected... this was like 6 years ago..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts