Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend for a bike alarm? Since my last bike was stolen, I figured it might be a good idea to put an alarm on the new one. Since it is a sportbike and the idea is to decrease the wieght, I don't want anything that is large and heavy. Which ones do you all have expereince with?

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i have a scoropio and it gets the job done. it is probably the most commonly used and for a good reason. the remote it has is nice and it doesn't take too much space up. if you use your trunk space then you might have problem if not then your golden.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Went to dealership and got some info on the phantom systems today. It's pretty bad ass but on the other hand.. Really expensive though. They quoted me over a grand for system and installation. There are some older threads on it. Comes highly recommended. I really like how it has the GPS tracking system with 24 hour monitoring service. I Will most definetly get it put on my new bike. This part of florida has been terrorized by retarded bike thieves lately.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
An alarm is only going to deter a would be theif, have you heard about the lo jack for bikes? there was a thread a while back that had a link to a sight were you could find your closest lo jack place.

·
Registered
903 Posts
yeah tell me about the theives around here (tampa, clearwater) that's why i got a Scorpio "se". I got to say it's the ****, i think the perimeter sensor is a little to sensitive, but it keeps ppl from walking next to the bike without getting a hint :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Price wise. The scorpio alarms seems like it would be the sh!t. But side by side. I don't think it is on the same level as the phantom.
And yea.. That whole deal with the thieves in the tampa area. I'm glad they caught those f^ck faces! Ebay has been getting rediculous with the bike scams. And its sh!tty to think that stuff like that is happening so close to home.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was looking into this too. Thanks for the advice and info guys. At first I was looking at bike locks, etc. but I figure if someone really wants the bike theyll just pick it up and take it. The alarm is where its at if anything, right?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
td_600rr said:
yeah tell me about the theives around here (tampa, clearwater) that's why i got a Scorpio "se". I got to say it's the ****, i think the perimeter sensor is a little to sensitive, but it keeps ppl from walking next to the bike without getting a hint :)
You can set the sensitivity with the adjustable pod.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a scoropio with the moton sensor and ignition switch. The alarm is just another lock for the thief to crack, if they really want it they will take it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I hear that kinda stuff all the time, how about a positive attitude. Um, the theaf will think twice now, or he'll go for one with less work to do, or something of that nature.

radman5384 said:
I have a scoropio with the moton sensor and ignition switch. The alarm is just another lock for the thief to crack, if they really want it they will take it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Scorpio 1500-se

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The truth of the matter is, locks are for honest people. If a thief wants your $h!t it'll be in the back of his van in a few seconds and no alarm is going to stop that. If you want it to deter soccer moms from putting thier little rug rats on your bike while your in the store then that's a whole nother story. My theory on protection, OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND. They can't steal it if they can't find it.

But I do like the Scorpio Alarm. I have two buddys that have that unit. Works great! You just can't park your $h!t in the apartment parking lot and expect it to be safe with an alarm on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How is the range on the remote? My car 2 way is good for a couple of hundred feet. It was also rated for 1/2 mile . .... hmmm isn't that supposed to be 2500+ feet?

I was looking at the internatrix alarm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts