Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking to put an alarm on my bike for sometime, as there are a couple times when i spend a night away from home and not have access to a garage to park my bike in, which in turn makes me park it outside...i get a lil nervous when i have to but i manage...what im looking for is good alarms that wont break-the-bank...i see that scorpio is prob one of the best out there and are decently priced but i was wondering if there are any others that might come close to quality but for a lil bit cheaper? the SR-i600 scorpio is what i was looking for, are there any other just as good companies or is Scorpio that best around? Thx in Advan

·
Registered
108 Posts
eh, not really...scorpio is probably the best for our bike. I have the i600se and got it off ebay for 300 shipped..it came with all of the extras (ex. ign shutoff, perm sensor, batt back up)...and its great the way it pages you if something is happening. The only other option I was looking at was Talon alarms, they are a bit cheaper, but I have no experience with them. good luck with your search. IMO just save some money and get a scorpio its worth it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i purchased the i900 and it's awesome. i have a little write up in the 2009 section

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the i600se and got it off ebay for 300 shipped..it came with all of the extras (ex. ign shutoff, perm sensor, batt back up)
DANG!!! $300 w/ all the extras? thats a smoken deal....did u get the factory plug&play connector as well? also when u bought it on ebay did u get it through a retailer or from a private seller?

·
Registered
108 Posts
@ honda _23: no, I had to buy the honda harness separate, but thats it. It was from a retailer. Ball Z Motorsports is their name, ebay name is: hayabusa-parts-4u

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
i purchased the i900 and it's awesome. i have a little write up in the 2009 section
+ 1

The Scorpio i900 is an excellent alarm.
It's a little more... but well worth it, when you see the options taht come with it.

And having the convenience of Hand free Keyless/Go Style operation is PRICELESS.

You just walk up to the bike, and it turns the alarm off automatically with a proximetry remote.

When you walk away, it automatically arms it.

http://www.hardracing.com/scorpio.htm

·
Registered
70 Posts
have you looked into the disk lock? it goes on the caliper, and when it feels any shock it sends off an alarm, also prevents the front tire from moving, its not a bad $70 investment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts