Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike out to eat today and after a few hours I went to start the bike and it started fine. As I leave and give it some gas I notice my cluster start to dim and the bike bogging down. Once I let off the throttle, the cluster returns to normal and I am able to coast.

I pulled over and give it some revs and same thing, it would bog down once it reaches 2k RPM. So I turn the bike off and on and eventually it doesn't start anymore, battery drained.

I hooked the my bike up to a buddies bike (BatteryTender cable with aligator clips) and charged it. After 10 min or so I start it and its fine. I have no problem with it bogging down anymore.

I've recently been having a problem with my cluster light not turning on until I start my bike.

Also my HID not turning on or it would cut off as I ride the bike. I would have to let the bike warm up and turn it Off and On again for the HID to stay on

I've replaced my stator, R/R, and battery a couple months back and haven't have any problems until now.

Anyone have an idea what the issue is?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stripped the bolt holding the stator on the cover while replacing my cracked cover with a WoodCraft cover, so I took and grinder to it and ended up grinding down one of the coil.

I didn't think it was going to be problem but my bike was not charging my battery. So I thought I had a bad battery and replaced that. Still didn't charged my battery, and thought it was a fried R/R as I have jumped the bike with a running car a few times. That didn't fixed it, so I replaced the stator finally after using a multimeter to test it. That was the problem.

The ongoing problem I been having the last month is my HID not turning on initially and sometimes turning off during my ride

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just hooked a multimeter to my battery and it idles at 12.18.

While i rev the engine to 5k RPM my HID would start to flicker and then turn off

When i turn off the bike the battery reads 12.28. The bike would also not start again. Clock reset itself

So does this mean my stator or R/R is bad?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There are tests in the manual for determining RR or stator. Sounds like a stator issue, but without following the nicely written tests you're guessing and so am I.

Have the battery load tested as well, might be a bad cell because you had a bad stator attempting to charge it for a while, may be as simple as that. How find you hook up the HID's, cobbled in using the stock wiring or was wired in correctly? That could cause a draw as well if not done right.

Mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone tell me what the charging system on our bike consist of?

I've replaced my stator and r/r again (new parts this time) and am still having problems with it not charging

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I ended up replacing the battery. My battery that I got from china was the culprit it seems like. I tested the bike at 5k RPM it reads a little over 14v which from my understanding is fine as long as it doesn't go over 15v

1 - 8 of 8 Posts