Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of the bar I work at and went to put my key in the ignition and to my suprise the key went right in. I was suprised that in the dark i got it on the first try. Well I wasn't that lucky someone used a crow bar a screwdriver and a towel??? and f-ed it all up. It was in the locked position and was still there meaning someone coming out of one of the bars may have spooked them. My key still went into the ignition but it wouldn't unlock the wheel or turn. Then I noticed that either way it wouldn't have matttered because on the bottom of the ignition there is a circular wiring peice that was disconnected. So I wouldn't be able to start it anyway.

The damage it that wiring I suppose a chip in the nose fairing, I'll need a new ignition, scratches to the triple, and the left suspension adjustment. I dont know where to get any of these parts mainly the ignition I tryed ebay but maybe I'm spelling it wrong.

Well anyway I call the police and the good news is they should call me back within 36 hours. ha. Oh I couldn't move it so its still behind the bar all alone in the dark. Poor RR. I'm guessing it may get stolen later tonight since they didn't tip it over when they couldn't get it. They seemed to have wanted it in good condition instead of just trashing it when they couldn't have it. I'll keep ya posted and post pics of the damage.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Dude that sucks. I can't believe you left it there though. Hell, ignition is f'ed anyway, finish busting it and the forks will unlock and you could at least wheel it inside. Or have some friends help you lift it and carry inside or onto a truck. Leaving it there is a almost a sure thing that the potential thief will come back for it.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
+1 to both of that, get some friends, wait there for them to get back, beat the piss outta them, then take ur bike on back home

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yep, it's already been said but I would have found some way to get the thing out of there and bring it home. Find a friend with a low trailer to drag it on or like someone else said go ahead and bust the ignition or steering lock some more.
Now that theives know you leave it there I'd maybe put a chain on it and possibly an alarm if the bike's close enough for you to hear it when it went off from the bar.
Generally I'm against claiming stuff but check with your insurance agent, you might be best just to get them to pay the damages.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey its still here. I had full coverage so if they would have stolen it I would've paid my loan and had $ to put down on a new. But either way it was late and I didn't feel like messing with it. I know the ignitions are super hard to find. I talked to the police and to insurance and it'll cost 500 to fix it. Has anyone had this happen and how do they fix a fairly scratched frame?

·
Registered
735 Posts
that sucks i like get some friends idea or stake it out with the police, I hope you get it fixed good luck

·
Registered
665 Posts
That blows, I always worry about some a$$hat fcuking with my baby while inside somewhere. The sad truth is, I would rather have my bike stolen that tipped over due to insurance reasons.

Keep checking eBay, I've seen a couple ignitions with keys sell on there. Goodluck!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Don't know about the repairs, sorry, but I'm sure glad you still got your bike. Count your lucky stars, I think I would've at least gone back and slept in my car right next to it (if I could sleep) with a certain choice weapon.

Bang Bang 1 less bad guy.

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
wow... that is some crazy stuff. I would for sure go and pick it up in my PINTO if i had to. Especially in the dark i would not leave the bike there. It is way too much of a BEAUTIFUL thing to all of a sudden not have. I would rather bust my butt bringing it back home, instead of having to deal with the insureance and waiting until you buy another one. If you want... i would be willing to go to the bar with you to kick some ARSE! lol

do all of us a favor and go get your baby! we dont want to make things easy for theivs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts