Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, just started getting my bike out recently after winter. I didn't use fuel stabilizer, and it didn't have a full tank when i stored it. Didnt do any mechanical work, only installed HIDs, new fairings, audi mod. Oil was changed just last week, i have put new fuel in since storing it (didnt fill it though) and it has only probly drove 10km since i took it out after winter.

so, i was riding today to get some air in rear (has a leak) and on the way back when i accelerate hard and quickly, it jerks like nuts, (2 or 3 hard times) almost like its trying to buck me off, when this happens, the little light comes on on the cluster. it has also gone off (like kill switch was flicked, it wasnt though) But once it stops bucking, its ok again, until i start to come to a stop. then it seems like its having trouble staying running. It doesn't buck EveryTime, though about 50% of the time i stop and go.

any ideas? i havnt rode in almost 6 months, i gotta ride b4 i cry lol

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I would siphon all the fuel out and then fill it up with fresh fuel. Its simple and cheap to do and might be the problem. Then take it for a longer ride. If any fuel has dried in the injectors ( leaving that yellow film )... flowing fuel will help clean things.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
does sound like a fuel problem -- either delivery or just the fuel it self.

·
Registered
760 Posts
my bike did that when i had a bad battery

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, im hoping its just fuel. il try it tmrw

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bike did that when i had a bad battery
DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER

well i open up the seat today, positive termanal wasnt srewed on all the way, bolt must of came loose..:banghead:

well it all works now, im happy lol:drunk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts