Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to put my bike away for the winter in a shed I have out back and want to put a cover over it inside the shed.

Can anyone recommend a good cover please?

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anything breathable. An old cotton sheet would do the job. Doesn't need to be a bike specific cover, at least not if the bike will be stored inside, away from the elements.
I would suggest that you visit your local camera store and ask for some bags of Silica Gel. These can be left around the bike, tucked inside fairings etc to absorb moisture. Make sure you ask for good big bags, 1 lb min.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Man. ever since I've been here, I've found more and more uses for my job (Chemical Manager). After checking out the link above, the listing calls for something to protect the bike from rust (a corrosion inhibitor) and as it turns out, I have just the product. Wish I could share, but its aerospace stuff, fairly expensive and not easy to come by.

V

·
0 Posts
I couldnt imagine putting my bike away for several months and not being able to ride it at all. That must be torture! ;-)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I need to do a follow up on an old topic, if it doesn't get answered I'll just make a new thred, should I place a silica pack in a headlight housing? I had moisture once, but I'm getting it all dry and wanna make sure it stays dry this time. Suggestions????!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts