Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody. did a quick search and can't find anything that resembles my probelm. over the weekend i installed my speedohealer and afterward took it for a ride to see how everything was working. everything worked like a charm for the next week.

when i got home today from work, i was going to go for a ride so i pulled it out and started it up. it started up fine and was idling just fine. as soon as i put it into 1st, it cuts out. not sure where to start to troubleshoot. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
kick stand down, clutch not in, or faulty kickstand or clutch switch, or wiring is bad

and for you demented:
alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot alot

·
Registered
457 Posts
like they said, kickstand, clutch or wiring... since you installed new electronics I would lean toward wiring... had you not installed anything, I would think clutch

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kickstand down, bike in neutral, clutch in. like i said, the bike was running fine the other day after the install. i'm going to go back and check the connections. not sure how my speedohealer would affect the transmission though.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys for wasting your time. i'm a complete n00b:retard: i'm my n00bness, i totally forgot about the killswitch when the kickstand is down. problem solved! thanks everybody for contributing to my epiphany:shakehand

D

·
0 Posts
It happens to all of us. Just wait until you're in traffic and your bike shuts off. In a panic when the bike doesn't restart, you don't realize you accidentally hit the kill switch until after you pushed your bike all the way to the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I have done that when I was looking to put the High Beams on - hit the kill switch and started to freak out as my bike stopped running and the headlight didn't work! Only dropped around 20km/hr before I figured out what I had done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts