Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worst day this morning, i have a midterm and i HAVE to go to school lets start off with battery shot, so im like ok cool let me go take it down this hill in second and drop my clutch be on my way NBD! so as im preparing to go downhill im like ok lets take it out of neutral and into 2nd and it wont go into second.. i pull in the clutch and go into first, no, second no, first no, second no i kept going and it wouldnt go into any gear! i dont know why i moved the bike a few feet forward tried again and it went into second so i just ran with it dropped the clutch and boom it lit up and i was on my way to school.. so im in school now at least i can do my midterm but i need to go back home, what do you guys think could be the problem? besides me changing the battery that i WILL do, but the gear?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It happens from time to time depending on how it mesh's when the bike is stopped. Rolling it back or forward normally gets the stars aligned (so to speak). Completely normal. If rolling it a couple feet gets it into gear there is nothing to worry about

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens from time to time depending on how it mesh's when the bike is stopped. Rolling it back or forward normally gets the stars aligned (so to speak). Completely normal. If rolling it a couple feet gets it into gear there is nothing to worry about
are you sure? i been riding this bike for 2 months and other bikes for a while and this is the first time this has ever happened...

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
:+1: bike transmissions don't have syncros like car transmissions do. Thats why you may have to roll it back and forth a little bit to get it to go into gear

·
Registered
827 Posts
its normal like others have said since the trans doesnt have syncros. It just like how if you roll up to a light and stop and you're in a high gear, you have trouble getting it back down to one or N. dont worry bout it.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
are you sure? i been riding this bike for 2 months and other bikes for a while and this is the first time this has ever happened...
yep, normal

and this happenes with every transmision that has a sequential gearbox

even f1 cars, stalling while stuck in a gear is really bad juju ;)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Shalom elul!,

put the bike in 2nd gear before you start rolling (rock bike back and forth to get gears engaged if stubborn) - get rolling good,then dump the clutch.

it helps to stand on the pegs and drop your butt onto the seat as you release the clutch....keeps rear tire loaded. (old dirt bike habit!)

going into 2nd (or any gear ) while the motor is off (and you are moving) is hard on the transmission!

ps....good kittycat thread....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shalom elul!,

put the bike in 2nd gear before you start rolling (rock bike back and forth to get gears engaged if stubborn) - get rolling good,then dump the clutch.

it helps to stand on the pegs and drop your butt onto the seat as you release the clutch....keeps rear tire loaded. (old dirt bike habit!)

going into 2nd (or any gear ) while the motor is off (and you are moving) is hard on the transmission!

ps....good kittycat thread....

haha thank youu,
yes everything is alright it was just a small mishap with the gearing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts