Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my girls 2007 tonight back from our buddies and she just bought this bike a couple weeks ago. 10k miles on it. For one, the intake on this is super loud, like the bike sounds like it's straining more than it should. My 08 isn't as loud. But the main concern is I was riding and all of a sudden the bike wouldn't go past 9 or 10k rpms for a second or two before I let off and was chill the rest of the way home. Up until I gunned it at one point and got past 10k no problem but in a lower gear. (2nd, opposed to like 4th or 5th). I read on the forum and some people say it's a fuel pump issue which I'm hoping cause it doesn't seem that hard of a job. But the bike has a full tank of gas as well. Any help would be awesome

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like the typical symptoms of a bad fuel pump.

Here's a thought, you could try swapping gas tanks (less work than swapping pumps) between your 08 and her 07. That'll confirm or rule out the fuel pump and it's not much work.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the typical symptoms of a bad fuel pump.

Here's a thought, you could try swapping gas tanks (less work than swapping pumps) between your 08 and her 07. That'll confirm or rule out the fuel pump and it's not much work.
interesting idea. As for the fuel pump, would I have to buy the whole unit, or can i get away with just replacing that cartridge part? I think its specified as the intake fuel pump, or fuel pump motor, i dont know

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not sure on that. You could check the parts diagram and prices though at bike bandit/ Rocky mountain ATV etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like what my bike is doing. Try not going wide open throttle, try going like 90%-95% throttle and seeing it it'll rev up higher than 10k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts