Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, Im cruising along at 75 and the bike suddenly jerks and starts to slow down. I pull in the clutch and realize the motor is completely dead. I still have electrical power and everything is rolling along smooth, but no engine. Luckily there wasnt much traffic and a huge shoulder to pull over onto. I fiddled around with things but couldnt get it to turn over. I had power, but nothing else.

Called my buddy and he came out to meet me. Well, long story short, the kill switch had turned off by itself. I didnt hit any bumps, wasnt doing anything weird with my hands, wasnt accelerating hard, nothing out of the ordinary. Just going along with the throttle steady and... off.

Anyone ever had this happen? How could the switch turn off by itself?

Oh well... live and learn I guess. Luckily, by buddy was under the impression that there was something wrong with the swtich and clicking it on and off a few times reset it or something. Yup, Ill admit, Im a dumbass, but still... odd.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Zakath said:
I dunno but it's always funny when you sneak up on someone while riding and hit their killswitch!
Heh... yeah we do that to each other at stoplights sometimes.

In this case, nobody was around me though. Just weird.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
it was the ghost of christmas past... or the boogie man lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts