Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few months ago my battery died this was in december, so I replace it. Today as I was going to the store, when I got to the light it just died on me. I tried to start it again on neutral while revving it and it started but shut off again. It turns but it doesn't start. Like this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvDREKZMjR0&feature=player_embedded

the lights come on and everything but I didn't hear the fuel injector priming after it shut off on me at the light.

It did this to me a couple times after riding for about 30 minutes, I'd stop at a light and it would just shut off, but it always started once I pressed the starter. I should've took it as a sign a couple weeks ago.

I haven't gotten an oil change but I know it needs one bad, could it be that it was so low on oil that it shut off?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well hmm i thought it would be a blow fuse, but i flicked the kill switch on and off until i heard it priming and it started, flicked the switch off again and back on a couple times, out of the 10 tries it primed 8 times out of 10, what could it be?

if its a blow fuse will it still start like that? or its dead no matter what until it is replaced?

·
Registered
793 Posts
That sounds like a loose or dirty connection somewhere in the circuits that control the fuel system. I don't know enough about these systems to give you any more idea than that.

A fuse is not likely to come and go, once they go they stay gone.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
is that your bike in the video?

if so, it doesnt sound right?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no that's not my bike, it's something i found on youtube lol. Hmm anyone that knows more about the wires, what can i do to see if there's any corrosion anywhere?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
no that's not my bike, it's something i found on youtube lol. Hmm anyone that knows more about the wires, what can i do to see if there's any corrosion anywhere?
you answered your own question

look, it will be obvious crusty stuff, typically at the connection points.

which is a good option, to double check battery connections and stuff

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you answered your own question

look, it will be obvious crusty stuff, typically at the connection points.

which is a good option, to double check battery connections and stuff
tenjin thanks for your reply, I've never really messed with the wires at all, I don't really know where to start, do we have a diy manual in the forum somewhere?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It sounds to me if it's priming 8 times outta 10, it might just be the kill switch itself. Try hitting the switch, then mess with it a bit, wiggle it around and such. If it bike then re primes, you've isolated your problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts