Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go start the bike and let it warm this morning, it was about 17°F and at first it started for about 3 seconds than died. After several attempts to start it I had to stop and get a ride to work.

After work I checked the cables they are tight. So I tried to start again and it started but stuttered so I gave it some gas running it about 3-4k rpm than got on my gear and rode it around to hopefully charge ot back up.
Got back home turned it off and restarted it, she fired right back up so I turned it off and noticed the clock stays on and 1 of the bars to the fuel gage stays on.
Is that normal? It's a 06 cbr600rr with 30090 miles. I've never had this issue and never noticed the clock being on when the bike is off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The clock is always on. Aswell as the middle red gas bar.

Reactions: Swiftnezz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you just didn't want it draining the battery if they aren't suppose to be on. Guess it's time to get the battery load tested.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just checked my 2011 and the clock is on, and there is one red fuel bar visible.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yep, 17° is a pretty cold start. Start it up everyday if the cold continues.
Never start up a bike unless you intend to ride it more than 15 minutes at an above idle pace and get it up to and have it stay to operating temperature or you are doing far more harm than good, the above is poor advice.

Cycle batteries are small and very susceptible to cold temperatures flattening them. If you don't plan to ride for a couple days put it on a Battery Tender and leave it; if you plan on not riding it for several weeks pull the battery out, charge it, store it in a warm place and then put it back on the charger a day before you are set to use it again.

Your battery and bike will live a long healthy life and thank you for it.

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mike, yeah I never just start it with out riding it :) I just start it when it's cold and let it get up to operating temp. While I get my gear on and what not. I ride everyday unless the roads are snow/ice covered.

Thanks for the input and knowledge guys. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts