Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Bought A 2003 600rr With 6000 Miles On It. The Bikes Runs Great Most Of The Time But Every Once In A While It Will Die When I Come To A Stop. It Doesn't Stutter Or Anything It Just Shuts Off And The I Can Start It Right Back Up. Do You Think I Just Need A Tune Up Or Something?

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
Might be a fuel distribution problem...get it checked out!

(And just a reminder...When you come to a complete stop and if you bike isn't in neutral, you have to hold in the clutch or else it'll shut off on you! Hahahahahahahaaaaa! I'm j/ping w/ ya but it is the truth!)

·
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper
2,506 Posts
You should also make sure that your bike is idling @ the right rpm.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would check the idle, is it possible that the tilt kill switch could be loose in some way and the momentum of stopping might trigger it.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Check the idle....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had the same occurance where when I stop at a light, the bike shuts off. Are you guys suggesting the idle is too low or too high? Because my idle is a little higher than what the manual says. Something like 1300.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
DarkCBR said:
I've had the same occurance where when I stop at a light, the bike shuts off. Are you guys suggesting the idle is too low or too high? Because my idle is a little higher than what the manual says. Something like 1300.
I keep mine at like 2 to 2.5k .... helps my shifting.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
if the idle is too high it will not shut off it shuts off because its too low
and the bike is not getting enough fuel

·
Registered
4 Posts
it should be the idle. i have a 05rr and when i hit 160miles on it. it die a couple of time on me when i come to a stop light. took it to the dealer and they raised the idle and it never did it again.now i have 830 miles on it.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
i found the sweet spot on the idle to be about 1450 Rpm's on a stocker. just my 2 cents. i keep mine at about 3000 rpm's, but you all should know why by now, lol.

by any chance does the newly aquired RR have a PC3 USB installed? earlier versions had quite an issue, and it sounds familiar.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Ceph said:
by any chance does the newly aquired RR have a PC3 USB installed? earlier versions had quite an issue, and it sounds familiar.
That's what I was thinking. Check your serial number on the PC with Dynojet if you're having this problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts