Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIrst off my bike is stock with 800miles on it(stock till this weekend)
But a few times when I have turned my bike off it fails to start and sounds like a dead battery?I think that maybe it only dose this when the bike is really hot? Other day I stalled at a set of lights and when to start it and is barley started.I took it in to honda and they did a full inpection of the charging system but said everything is fine.Anyone else out there going through this type of problem?
thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem. You can order and install the rectifier heatshield when it becomes available (delaers do not have a parts fiche yet for the 04' model). that's what I plan to do.

Until then, assuming that this is the problem, do not ride with your highbeams on unless your revs are very high, and only when necessary.

Keep your revs up in general, above 5000 or so. WHen you are stopped at lights, give the throttle a few twists for good luck.

If you keep your bike in your garage, connect it to a Battery Tender so that the charge in your battery is maintaned. If you have to take the battery off of the bike to charge it, do it once a week.

I only ride on Sundays and I charge my battery once a week off the bike. By follwoing these guidelines, you will at least be virtually problem free until you can get the heat shield for the rectifier (assuming that this is the problem. Honda would not fess up when I complained. But by including the heat shield on the 04' model, they have pretty much admitted the problem. I know that some bikes run hotter than others, I wonder if its the small percentage of bikes that run really hot (like mine) that have this problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts