Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a warm average day everything's gravy, but if the temperature outside is below about 60 or 65 the bike obviously goes into its cold start up mode, which of course it should do, but it doesn't work right at all.

Right after I start it up it's great for the first 10 seconds or so, running high idle like it should, but then it drops way down (couldn't tell you the RPM no gauge, but definitely under 1000) for as much as a minute, and during that time runs pretty rough, with of course a lot of gasoline smell out the back. Once the temp gets up to over 100 or so though the idle climbs back up as it opens up. Aside from this there's never any problems ever with idle.

Thing is I don't know how to figure out which of the two possibilities for what's going on is the case: it's either high-idling fine but then drops because it's running too rich, or the high idle loop fails and then isn't at enough RPM to run smoothly through the "choke" phase. The IACV etc is probably the area of the bike I know least about, or what sensor controls it. The shop manual doesn't really help much, so I have no idea what to start messing with...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts