Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, Here's a story for yall. My bike was not starting, so a person I know that works as a bike mechanic/technician came through to get the bike started and to the shop to have the battery tested. He gets it kickstarted and we get to the exit off the freeway and the bike is slowing down, and then stopped, so I roll his car to the side and put the hazards on. We walk the bike up the street a bit, and try to get it started again as we were only a mile away from the shop. We tried at least 4 times, unsuccessfully. So, we take it to the closest parking lot, office parking lot. We left it there overnight and they found it today over on it's side because the kickstand sank into the parking lot ground. Max gave me the news and showed me the damage. I'll get pictures up. The bike is Pearl Orange with the black tribal graphics. Max promised me in writing that he will pay for repair/paint job for all the fairings, a new color. I was thinking a clean white with no stickers or honda graphics. Any advice on what type of white would look best? Or simply the different types. If you have another color suggestion, I'd love to hear it. My helmet is black and white, jacket black and white, backpack is black and red.

edit:We agreed to have the paint job done during the off season, so I have plenty of time to figure out what sort of paint I'd like

I'll get some pictures up to show what damage was done soon

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
That really sucks. I put an electrical box cover under the rear seat. It fits in there well and works great for placing under the kick stand. I have to use it often when its warm out where I live b/c the development was just built a few yrs ago and parts of the pavement are still very soft and the bike will sink in

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Had a old 250 that happend too luckly it didnt fall over sunk in 2 or 3 inches. Was pretty hard to get it back out of the hole. Got to be careful the blacker it is the softer it seems around my area anyway..

·
Registered
966 Posts
My F4i fell over last year. It happens. One of the few times frame sliders really help.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Wait so the kickstand just sank into the parking lot pavement?
It happens when the sun heats up the asphalt. I carry a plastic puck that I got from the MSF course to put under the kick stand when I park in the summer. You can use whatever as long as it distributes the pressure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I moved into where I am now 2 years ago and the development was just built then and the areas where cars drive on a lot are ok for the most part now except on really hot days but yesterday it was in the 80's and I parked up along my walk way to wash the bike after a ride and from the time it took me to get off the bike and take out the key and get my kick stand plate under the rear seat it had already started to sink in. I use it all the time on hot days no matter where I go

·
Registered
271 Posts
huh... Well I guess I'm one of the few people that don't really ever encounter a asphalt parking lot... everything here in north Dallas is concrete. Never knew this was a thing. Good to know.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,760 Posts
huh... Well I guess I'm one of the few people that don't really ever encounter a asphalt parking lot... everything here in north Dallas is concrete. Never knew this was a thing. Good to know.
care to take a guess why that is?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I used to use a crushed soda can, or anything thin and strong enough. Thankfully the swag bag I got in Austin this year had this:
ImageUploadedByMO Free1464831803.506636.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
966 Posts
You texas peeps and thinking your heat is hot. 118* the other day here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's crazy. Doesn't happen often around where I am. But I distinctly remember going to Vegas in the heat of summer with my family as a kid and trying to pick up a quarter in a parking lot. My whole family laughed at me when I went to pick it up because it was stuck to the asphalt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I never really thought that this was even a thing let alone how common of an occurrence this is in the hotter places. I guess I never really had to worry about it around where I'm from. I will definitely keep this in mind when taking trips to hotter areas!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Just was 88 and helllllllllll 70 today much. Better

1 - 19 of 19 Posts