Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states my bike feels & sounds sluggish. Had surgery a lil over 3 weeks ago and didnt start or ride the bike...Hasnt been too cold here so thought nothing of it. Started riding a couple days ago and it seems off to me. Sounds dif n def feels different especially around and over 7000 rpms. Took a vid to see if any of u hear something that may be an issue...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a possibility. Just sounds n feels so different. Maybe something w the fuel leaving it parked unstarted for that long?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I really can't hear anything unusual. As far as fuel a few weeks won't matter. I leave mine all winter & it's fine.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I used to use Stabil but now I use Seafoam. As long as you put some type of fuel treatment in the fuel when you're storing it you'll be fine when it comes time to use it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used to use Stabil but now I use Seafoam. As long as you put some type of fuel treatment in the fuel when you're storing it you'll be fine when it comes time to use it.

So i should only use sea foam if im storing it?? I ride pretty much year round.

·
Registered
247 Posts
when i saw that video i just though "damn, so my bike is fucked up too"

yeh man, sounds normal to me.

Also, i ride aslong as its not below 45 or so, so i dont "winterize" my bike since i usually get a day or 2 every 3-3 weeks in the winter i ride, but last winter was brutal here in NYC and i didt ride the bike at all for like 2 months. When it came time to, it started right up no problems. And i did't use anytime of fuel treatment.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
So i should only use sea foam if im storing it?? I ride pretty much year round.

If you ride year round then there's no need to put anything in the fuel. It doesn't have enough time to go bad. Personally if my bike is going to be dormant for more than 90 days I'll put some in.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you ride year round then there's no need to put anything in the fuel. It doesn't have enough time to go bad. Personally if my bike is going to be dormant for more than 90 days I'll put some in.

Got ya. Thanks man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts