Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike fell over Pics ADDED

My kickstand sunk into the asphalt on Saturday while I was getting a burrito for like 5 minutes.

Anyways I took it in for an estimate yesterday and it came up to $3400. Does anyone have any experience dealing with State farm. Can I get them to write the check to only me. I would rather do these repairs myself.

I will post some pictures when my camera comes in tomorrow.

N

·
0 Posts
tweaker said:
$3400!!!!! Did it fall over catch on fire and roll down a hill?
LOL!!!

I believe someone here received a check under their name; however, in my case, my insurance (not State Farm) wrote the check under both the dealership's name and mine.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is hardly noticeable, but there are scratches on everything on the left side. The bar end broke off. there is a 3/4" scratch on the swingarm. A new swing arm is $750

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
tweaker said:
$3400!!!!! Did it fall over catch on fire and roll down a hill?
No it didn't catch on fire... But it did roll down a hill. If it caught on fire it would have been WAY more than $3400.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Hmmm, Mine did the same thing about a month ago, just a few scratches, and the busted off Bar End, I didn't even think of having insurance cover it, I just figured it was a good excuse for a new paint job.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if its paid for StateFarm will put in your name. if its got a lein on it, they'll put the check in your name AND the shops name. in which case you can just go get the shop to endorse it (might have to pay them for their estimate) but it shouldn't be a problem. you dont' HAVE to have them do the work, so dont' let them con you into it if you want to fix it yourself.

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's paid for as far as they know. I put it on a credit card. Good this will be a nice chunk to do some cool things to the bike.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm sorry big nutz, but thats a lot of money for small damage, I totaled my bike and it was like ~4000

·
Deeze
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WherzRoony said:
Hmmm, Mine did the same thing about a month ago, just a few scratches, and the busted off Bar End, I didn't even think of having insurance cover it, I just figured it was a good excuse for a new paint job.

It was only about 92 out and the thing sunk all the way in, by bar end, clutch lever, and foot peg all made holes in the asphalt. And I'm not kidding it couldn't have been more then 5 minutes. I wasn't going to claim it either but after I started thinking about it, its comprehensive which wont affect my rates.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I had Vortex sliders which left a nice Ring indent in the asphalt but saved a lot of the possible damage

I am going to just epoxy the bar end back in.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm sure that it will be covered, however, it will probably be covered under comprehensive, so you might get a rate hike (depends on the insurance company).

·
Registered
351 Posts
damn that's alot of loot.
I was in an accident going 30mph and I was at like 1,745

And yah the insurance should write a check in your name because you do not have to get the bike fixed at a place where you got your estimate. You can go anywhere you want or even better.do it yourself and save some money.
But def. don't let them try to tell you they are writing it in the shops name or that you have to get it fixed where you got an estimate

·
Registered
735 Posts
It sucks, but sounds like there will be a bright side, you can get some sweet mods.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts