Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i just read a post about a guy who wants to lower his bike for his girl, AND i know this is a honda forum, BUT i'd like opinions on what bike i should get for my girl. I'd LOVE it if my girl could ride with me but she's ony 5'2'' and wouldnt ride often enough so spending 5k on a 600 is def out of the question. im thinking either ninja 250 (which is what i started on and i loved it!) or honda rebel. So the question is, has anyone here ridden with someone who had a 250 and still had a good time riding? i wouldnt take her on twisties or anything, but i'd definately like to go out and ride with my main squeeze!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
you can still have a good time with ppl that ride 250s... some ppl can ever tear up the twisties pretty good on those 250s too

btw, i helped my girl get an 06 600rr... she's also about that same height so when spring comes around I'll be lowering it a lil bit for her until she decides to hit the track with me... then back up to strd. height lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
My buddy bought his wife a Ninja 250. We go ride all the time. It's fine. We ride a bit different when she is with us, like making sure she isn't at the back of the group, or on the outside closest to traffic. Also we don't ride as close, so she has enough room to feel comfortable. But she keeps right up with us. The 250's are plenty quick, and the newer one's are a good looking little bike too.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I would agree, the newer 250 Ninjas are almost as sexy as our bikes, and have some serious go for their size.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
250R is perfect for that purpose. I know like 3girls who have them, but they are good for guys as beginners also

·
Registered
226 Posts
my mate has a 2008 ninja 250. loves it. done 1000's of miles in the last year. keeps up no problem with me doing around 90mph through the twisties.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I put my wife on an sv650. It was a little intimidating at first due to the mass. She loves it now.

Why not put your girl through the basic course and let her make up her own mind?(They usually have a couple cruisers,standards, etc. avaiable)

·
Registered
83 Posts
At 5'2", The Rebel will be a lot easier for her to flat-foot. I'd have her sit on both and let her decide which one she feels more comfortable with. Obviously the 250 looks cooler, but that's not going to matter much if she feels like she's going to tip it over at every stop light.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At 5'2", The Rebel will be a lot easier for her to flat-foot. I'd have her sit on both and let her decide which one she feels more comfortable with. Obviously the 250 looks cooler, but that's not going to matter much if she feels like she's going to tip it over at every stop light.
Totally agree. My girl rides a cruiser. She likes the upright laid back style, the flatfootedness (if such thing), and the ease of balance. It wouldn't matter if she rode a 150HP bike, she barely breaks the speed limit. She's my favorite riding partner. I say go for it. The Ninja 250 does also ride pretty upright and have similiar traits, she just didn't like the weight on her wrists. Like they say "if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts