Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 600rr

Well someone went into my garage, I'm guessing my angry ex, and keyed the left side of my tank, right below the tank and the rear decal.
My ins adjusted priced the plastics to be replaced.. If I buy the rear decal that will fix that issue. under the tank isn't a huge deal, and the tank itself, my cousin says he is really good with wet sanding, the scratches are not through the clear coat. But can plastic be wet sanded? This will save me a $500 bill. I just want it to be back to perfect seeing how I just bought it in March. I guess it's worth a shot on the wet sand, I'd have to replace the tank anyways.. Anyone know if its a waste of time? Thanks!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Mean people suck ASS but kARMA always takes care of such people

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
take the tank off and go to a shop, have them see if its too deep, but i think you can have it wet sanded and re-cleared or just buffed out.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yes, it was the ex..........nodout trus me.............I seen it coming. Hope you can get it buffed out

·
Registered
460 Posts
That sucks!!! Sorry about your bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
sorry to hear that bro....but, it's def. not a waste of time to try wetsanding it. However if it is actually keyed, (through the clear and into the base)wetsanding won't touch it. Yes, it is safe to wetsand plastic(it's still regular paint applied on it). Just drag your fingernail across it.....if it glides over the scratch...it can be wetsanded out....if it catches in the scratch...gotta paint it, or replace it!(up to you) good luck!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
File Charges against her :rocker:

·
Registered
244 Posts
sorry to hear that bro....but, it's def. not a waste of time to try wetsanding it. However if it is actually keyed, (through the clear and into the base)wetsanding won't touch it. Yes, it is safe to wetsand plastic(it's still regular paint applied on it). Just drag your fingernail across it.....if it glides over the scratch...it can be wetsanded out....if it catches in the scratch...gotta paint it, or replace it!(up to you) good luck!

+1 Depends on the depth of the scratch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts