Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No but seriously....i just bought someone else's problem...my luck
i was stopped at the light bike running fine then changed pitch to a lower sound (tone) almost stalled when i went to take off...like it had no balls...first thing i did was a compression check ...pushing 60psi all 4..did a leak down 2 & 4 where questionable but were still within range..then did a valve clearance and those were all within spec as well...what else could it be ? anybody

·
Registered
35 Posts
ID probably just start by giving it a service, oil filters and plugs - and while I was in doing those things, its a good opportunity to see what state the bike is n under the body work. plugs might even fix your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cleaned up the plugs (sand blasted) basically.. took all eight injectors and cleaned those out...put everything back together and started it ...was making a knocking noise "something fierce" so i shut it down? confused!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why didn't you just buy some new spark plugs?

My apologies, but it sounds like you need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing before you ruin it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
so having fouled plugs can cause it to have low compression?
compression could be rings, or valves not sealing which can be caused by several things.

dont clean spark plugs, just replace them.

if its knocking, its time to seek professional help if you arent competent yourself with pulling engines apart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts