Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to ride my bike the other day and nothing happens when the key was turned to the on position. No gauge cluster lights no running lights or head lights. This is out of no where. The bike won't starts and acts as if the battery is dead. However I charged the battery and know that is definitely not the case, as I got sparks reinstalling the battery. I checked all of the fuses on the left side panel and everything checked out. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do you have the battery polarity correct?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kill switch?
Bike would still have power at the cluster.

The battery is either wired backwards, not done up or a fuse is gone.

Possible something is not right with the ignition itself, but not as likely.

When the battery is connected, put a multimeter on it. I'm not sure how many volts are required to run the cluster, but there may be a minimum before anything will power.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked all the main fuses on the left side all checked out... Is there another bank of em? I tried to get at what I am pretty sureis one by the battery but couldn't( a 30 amp). Battery is wired correctly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you installed a lithium battery and hooked up your standard old charger (like a tender junior), it is almost certain that you have destroyed the battery.

Sucks, but you need to buy the correct charger for that battery type.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If the battery is fine, then it can only be;

- relay
- fuse
- corroded ground (remove left fairing and clean inspect groundwires
- physical ignition problem

check to see if you have power post ignition / starter relay, if so then check for power just prior to the ignition itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have the battery polarity correct?
God I hope he does, I've seen batteries blow with reversed polarity....

Frito is 100% correct

Fuse, or corroded fuse will act as a bad fuse as well.

faulty ground, although a faulty ground usually results in arcing and causing that particular area not to work, IE: headlights fuel pump. Grounds on most bikes are clustered in certain areas.

connection failure some were

1 - 10 of 10 Posts