Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 600RR starts and idles fine. As soon as I turn the throttle it dies. I had a PCIII installed for about 8 years and the throttle responded fine, but it was removed recently because the bike would not stay on without holding the throttle and it ran really rough.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So after you removed the PCIII, everything runs fine?
What upgrades do you have installed?

More info so we can help you.
Everything runs fine until I go to turn the throttle. Only other upgrade is a M4 slip on.

I forgot to mention that the radiator fan comes on as soon as I start the bike which is strange since the bike is cold.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Coolant Temp sensor possibly screwed. Making the computer thinking it's running hotter than what it really is

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Found out that coolant temp sensor shares a common wire with tps, map, and intake temp sensor. The bike throws codes for all 4 sensors. Since the ecm isn't getting a signal from the coolant temp sensor, the fan stays on automatically.

Still haven't figured out the problem. Even took it to Honda and they think all 4 sensors are bad. That can't be right.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Maybe check where you removed the PC for any wires loose or grounding themselves?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maybe check where you removed the PC for any wires loose or grounding themselves?
I checked already. I replaced the R/R since I read that it can fry the ECM. If something was grounding, I would think that a fuse would blow. I wish I knew someone local who had an 03/04 so they could test my ECM on their bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My bet is a some typ of wiring issue. Have you installed anything lately that could have pinched the wiring?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bet is a some typ of wiring issue. Have you installed anything lately that could have pinched the wiring?
Nope, it was just sitting over winter. Ran great before that. It's either fried ECM or wiring. It's hard to believe it's the wiring since I didn't do anything to the wiring. Wish I could open the ECM but it's completely sealed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well the wiring won't last forever for sure. Time and heat will deteriorate the wiring. I would assume that wire that feeds all 4 sensors is bad. Pull the harness apart and check it.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
If you can find a willing member that you can ship your ECM to & get it tested on their bike that would be great to find out how their bike runs then you would know for sure is it the ECM or the wiring harness that is the culprit part

1 - 14 of 14 Posts