Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need your help .... I am looking for a new bike insurance company..They raised my insurance 1000 more dollars a year on my 600RR and I got a perfect driving record also..Nothing has changed and I dont know why they raised it..Aparently for no damn reason..Pisses me off..

Is their any recommendations on a good insurance company that has good rates???? I am 28 married and got a daughter..I got a excellent driving record... I was paying 460 dollars a year for full coverage and they sent me a bill raising it to 1567.00 a year..Their freakin crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Their no open right now to talk to anyone but I am sure their gonna make up some ********

Can u help all help !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks JON

·
Registered
682 Posts
WTF?!?! that's ridiculous...

try STATE FARM but you have to have your car insurance with them too...

one of my friends is only paying $37/month on his bike insurance...28 years old...car insured with state farm...

- D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am gonna call state farm tomorrow also and my old insurance company and yell at their butt...Just ruined my day..Make me so mad..I got steam coming off my head right now still!!!!!!!! I hate to switch my auto and bike again but I will!!! I had state farm before but I switch to Farm Bureau because they were even cheaper..But to change my rates for no reason...

I got a quote a few months back for 460 a year right...And I paid for 6 months of 230 dollars..Well 2 months later in the mail today I get a bill for 166 dollars to be paid on April 16 or my insurance is canceled..And my overall premium is 1567.00 a year..That 166 dollar bill is now for my monthly payment...Are they crazy or what.. Kentucky Farm Bureau goes through American Model Homes for their bikes, watercraft and etc..Just raised that **** without any notice but a bill in the mail..Nobody called or nothing..Surprised the **** out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
i pay 700$ for a year with progressive and i'm 23yrs old, with several tickets. i have the basic coverage that my financier allows, so pretty much i would say your first price sounds a little too cheap and maybe try geico or something like that. surf the web.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you tried to contact them?

I've noticed errors showing up on my auto insurance at least once a year when they renew. Make sure your deductible is correct and make sure all information is up-to-date. It's up to you to tell the insurance agency of possible discounts. To them, the more money you send them, the happier they are. Just a suggestion if you haven't already done so.

Len

C

·
0 Posts
Damn, I'm pissed off for you. I hate that kind of sh*t. Good luck, cant give you any recommendations since I am with a local NJ company.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been using state farm and I just got my double r insured for 247 usd for 6 months full coverage. they base insurance rates on driving experince ...I think someone mentioned it above, but just in case...

good luck.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm 28 and married, with one ticket and one at fault accident in the last five years. I have State Farm for my RR only, and I pay $35 a month for full coverage. I would give them a call if you need to switch companies.

·
Registered
212 Posts
$ 66.00 / month - full coverage bike, renters insurance, and liability on 96 car- STATE FARM is the way to go!!! no more geico, progressive, and allstate for me!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm with USAA and i couldn't be happier. They are by far the best insurance company to be with. If youre eligible, I would go with them. I think i pay 40 bucks a month with with a low deductible and double the min coverage.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Like everyone else said, try State Farm. I pay $22/month for full coverage on my '03RR with a multi vehicle discount. (Two vehicles, two bikes). 29 with an excellent record also.

Angela

·
Registered
222 Posts
Try 174 a month for full coverage!!! :evil: I'm just glad to get insurance though cause i have mad tickets & suspensions. Progressive was the only company that would take me. I declined the full coverage which keeps me pretty nervous, but they let me pay 300 for a year of just liability. That isn't too bad for my record. If your record is clean though, there are plenty of other companies that offer good rates, just call around. Keep in mind insurance prices are area pending, so you may or may not get as good of a deal as somebody else. good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THanks everyone...

I called State Farm today but they didnt call me back on the quotes for my bike and vehicles of mine and my wife..

But I did talk to my old bike insurance that I still have right now but will be switching here this week...THey said the reason it was raised from 460 a year to 1567 a year was that the 600RR is a triple hazard bike..I was like do what..

Dont quote me something and change your mind then 2 months later..Bull crap..

Now I am fighting to try and get some of my money back of the 260.00 I paid for 6 months of the year coverage..But their saying your year premium is 1567 or 1587 whatever it is ...Based on the 260 you already paid and your 2 months almost up here on the 15th of April u get like 30 refund..I was like no...I will get 4 months back of the 260.00 I paid for the 6 months..Which is like 176.00 ...Back and forth with these morons..Their called American Modern Homes they insure watercraft, boats , and bikes.. Their out of Ohio...So I dont recommend going with them...They quote u cheap and raise the rate later on...by like 1000 dollars a freakin year..CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway thx for all the help...Should be getting info back from State Farm here soon...tomorrow..THey quoted me before like 540 a year but the 460 a year from AMH was cheaper so I went with them..For the exact same coverages..

·
Registered
286 Posts
i live in the valley,im 23 had my bike license for a year and half and pay $40 a month for full coverage on my rr thru state farm. your premium will be low if you get coverage for your car and life insurance all thru state farm. my agent is sh*t let me know if youd like her #

1 - 20 of 29 Posts