Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know this might sound stupid, but is it really REQUIRED to have bike insurance?? i have received mixed responses from other bikers i know. some people say u need it, some people say u don't. i just bought my brand new 06 about a month ago and still don't have insurance for it as of now. don't worry, i'm working on getting it. its just that money is tight and i got bills to pay, if u know what i mean. plus i'm a college student on a strict budget so its not really all that easy to pay thousands of dollars a year for bike insurance. i do ride as safe as possible and wear gear all the time. no stunts!

i have shopped around many insurance companies and most of them charge $250 and up per month for full coverage. this is somewhat way over my budget considering i'm financing the bike. i have a full time job and go to school and live on my own (renting a house with a garage of course). the parents don't really make much money so i've always been on my own. are the insurance laws for bikes different for each state? i live in FL and i know other bikers (and even other car drivers) with no insurance.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Since your financing...it's not your bike yet, and I'm pretty sure the people that let you borrow the money would like to have their investment insured...And if you can afford to go out and by an 06' "toy" you should be able to pay to protect it...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sure the bank would love to have the bike insured. but either way, I would still be PAYING for the bike if it crashed or was totalled right? (unless it wasn't my fault of course). that's not the issue tho. i just wanna know if i'll get a ticket if a popo pulls me over with no insurance. and its not that i can't afford insurance, its just not in the 'budget' yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts