Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this look like a totalled bike to you.?
I was told this is 5-6k damage. How I cannot tell you.
The forks are bent ($350). And I need to new mid fairings. Besides that the plastics can all be fixed. The rear light works but is hanging. Bar end is bent and peg is cracked. My head also took out the left side mirror. That is it as far as eye damage. Bike starts fine, sounds fine.
I dont get it. I guess it's all labor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

rivalxCBR said:
let me know how much buy back is from the ins. company! I could make that my track bike ...

sorry about your crash though ...
I'm buying back already. If I dont theyll send Honda $7400 for the bike. If I buy it back it's some stupid percentage of that $7400 for the bike. Either way I'm buying it back and fixing it up. There's not that much damage to the bike.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If repair estimate is 2/3 the value of bike.....it's totaled. According to your costs there......it's totalled. I have had 2 bikes totalled and always bought them back and made huge profits. Works for me! :razz: Your doing the right thing.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but

HRC600RR said:
If repair estimate is 2/3 the value of bike.....it's totaled. According to your costs there......it's totalled. I have had 2 bikes totalled and always bought them back and made huge profits. Works for me! :razz: Your doing the right thing.
Where the hell is the 5-6k damage to the bike here?

H

·
0 Posts
yeah buying it back would be the best bet... the only thing is that you are going to have to go through a huge inspection to get that bike back on the road, since it was totalled... it would make for a good track bike though... good luck with it...

·
Registered
777 Posts
A lot of it is labor. The parts are expensive but they use book rate for labor and it ads up fast at $60 an hour

·
Registered
885 Posts
I had a very similar accident (damage wise) this year, my total bill was $3300.00. I even found that extremely high. Motorcycle repairs just don't make any sense to me. There so f'ing expensive. What insurance company do you use and can you get another quote from someone else?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well

sgtadamdee said:
I had a very similar accident (damage wise) this year, my total bill was $3300.00. I even found that extremely high. Motorcycle repairs just don't make any sense to me. There so f'ing expensive. What insurance company do you use and can you get another quote from someone else?
I use Rider. At this point I could care less. Like they said now that I have the figures it actually will work in my favor. So...so be it. I fix the bike, get a new paint job, some stuff powdercoated and I'm all set.
Thanks Rider!

·
Registered
525 Posts
the whole set of plastics alone can be over $2000. everything brand new FROM THE DEALER is probably twice as much as you see from ronayers.com or anywhere else from the internet. and all that doesn't include labor. our bikes are expensive when it comes to parting it out. a good example - i paid 14 bucks for 6 crush washers for the brake line. CRUSH WASHERS. imagine what new forks would be like with that same mindset.

glad you're okay. now you have a track bike.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man

jezterr said:
the whole set of plastics alone can be over $2000. everything brand new FROM THE DEALER is probably twice as much as you see from ronayers.com or anywhere else from the internet. and all that doesn't include labor. our bikes are expensive when it comes to parting it out. a good example - i paid 14 bucks for 6 crush washers for the brake line. CRUSH WASHERS. imagine what new forks would be like with that same mindset.

glad you're okay. now you have a track bike.
Thanks
Not putting it on track only though. It's still gonna be street.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: ugh

CBRiderRR said:
antpRR said:
CBRiderRR said:
sorry to burst ure bubble but no way insurance gona total that
Sorry but they already did.
niiiiiice... i couldnt see the pic too well and i didnt read wat u wrote so o well.... thats cool dude
My insurance company is sending me $4676.
Thanks for the link btw...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts