Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I am cruising at ~9k rpm and I quickly open the throttle up the engine initially seems like its moving the rear wheel as it should be (i.e. the bike speeds up a bit). but then it simply stops, the rpm's shoot up much more rapidly w/o the bike gaining speed. after about 1/2 to 1 second the rpm goes back down to about 10k and it seems like the engine has once again "caught" the rear wheel and begins to accelerate slowly. the whole time my hand is keeping the throttle open by the same amount. is this normal?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Could be that the clutch itself is slipping. This could be caused using poor quality oil, out of spec springs or worn plain, friction or pressure plates.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same Problem

Hey man, i have the SAME thing as your bike. ('04) I thought it was my clutch too. I changed out the oil and put in all new clutch plates and springs and still had the same problem. Have you fixed the problem yet? If so, let me know. I'm in Iraq right now and i'm going home in two months, so i would like to have some idea what is wrong with my bike when i get back. Becuase right now, i have no idea. Actually i was in the process of checking my vavle clearances but then got a short notice that i was leaving for Iraq, so i never got to see if my valves were causing the problem. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts