Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my bike has been sitting a few days while the rain passes and went to ride to work today and engine fires up but ran weak and accelerates rough but idles smooth. best way to describe acceleration is it sounds like a vtwin engine (i used to have a TLR1000) but no power....is maybe a cylinder not firing? water get in exhaust causing this? rats get into my wiring again? any of these symptoms sound familiar

TIA

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Sounds like ignition. Pull it apart and check everything. I don't think it would be water. I left my bike outside for a month because my car was in the garage and it rained like a bitch for quite a few days and it ran just fine.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sounds like your not riring. U might want to check your plugs if you can, I used to have a katana when i first started riding and it fouled plus alot, and my signs were weak aceleration, v-twin sound, and lil throttle

·
Registered
228 Posts
Same thing here?? I have no idea. Anyone? Its like its missing? when I hold constant throttle it surges back an forth and has no power when I accelerate and sounds like a twin, Then it'll go full power and be sweet

When I take it to the dealer I bet its going to be expensive:cursin:

oh its an 06 with 20K miles on it

could it be the valve clearances?

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
If you have poor valve clearances it will never automatically fix itself. You end up punching the valves and then you have a whole lot of mess on your hands.

I still say it's ignition. Don't bother taking it to the dealer until you've looked over everything possible. No point in them charging you $400 just to change plugs when you can do it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts