Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my cbr600rr yr 2006 is not starting. I was riding the bike without any issues. I parked the bike for 2 hours, then trying to start it again. When turning the keys, I noted that the headlights were off, but there is no sound of the fuel pump, and the oil indicator is lighting, even the flasher is not working at all. When pressing on the starter, the starter is turning, but the bike won't start. I checked all fuses and connection and everything is fine.
please guide me accordingly.

thanks & Regards
Anil

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Check your killswitch to see if its in the off position. Bike in Neutral? If thats all good check battery and connections there.

Your saying with key on, you have no headlights? Did you check fuses behind the left mid fairing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thks for your reply.
the killswitch is in off position and as mentioned the starter is turning else it won't turn. Bike is on neutral and battery is fully charged and all connections near battery is correct The fuse in the mid fairing is also correct.I also tried to push start the bike, but in vain.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
the starter still turns when the kill switch is set to "not run"... you might wanna check to see that you have it on "run"

There's also a fuse by the battery that you can check

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem has been located. There is 2 plugs in the middle fairing blue & white. While putting a wire testing device in the white plug on the 3rd or 4th position (a red and white wire), I noticed that the injection noise is being made as usual. I then try to start the bike and it started, but the headlight was still not working and after 2 mins the headlight comes in and everything was fine.

I put some WD40 spray into the plug as there was some white substance in the plug which was due to rust. While putting the fairing, the problem started again, the bike won't start as the injector noise was not heard a new.

What needs to be checked again pls?

·
Registered
830 Posts
The problem has been located. There is 2 plugs in the middle fairing blue & white. While putting a wire testing device in the white plug on the 3rd or 4th position (a red and white wire), I noticed that the injection noise is being made as usual. I then try to start the bike and it started, but the headlight was still not working and after 2 mins the headlight comes in and everything was fine.

I put some WD40 spray into the plug as there was some white substance in the plug which was due to rust. While putting the fairing, the problem started again, the bike won't start as the injector noise was not heard a new.

What needs to be checked again pls?
Pictures are worth a 1000 words my friend. White substance in the plug sounds like possible corrosion, which could be interrupting the circuit. But I can't decipher what plug you are describing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Check your fuses, plugs and wire harness for the headlights... They put a safety on the bikes that if your headlights dont work, the bike wont turn on for safety. Try to push start the bike and see if it starts...

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Check your fuses, plugs and wire harness for the headlights... They put a safety on the bikes that if your headlights dont work, the bike wont turn on for safety. Try to push start the bike and see if it starts...
Haha what??? Not a chance.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Haha what??? Not a chance.
Haha how much you wanna bet that some bikes have that safety? I had a blown headlight fuse in my cbr and bike wouldnt start, changed the headlight fuse and bike started right away and has always started since.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This was on my 07 cbr1000rr. I know ppl remove headlight fuses to track bikes etc... Just trying to help op figure out the problem, if you have a better solutiom, chime im

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Unplug your headlights. Guaranteed start.

The hot for the headlight runs to the kill switch, where it is normally closed with the start button. This turns your headlight off when cranking for stronger starting. It's possible that this hot is used to fire the starter relay, I'd have to check though.

It is absolutely NOT a safety

·
Registered
196 Posts
same thing happened

under the right side fairings near the tank and air ducts there are two plugs one with 4 wires and a set with 2 wires. the plug with 4 runs to the start,run,off assembly. i cleaned used wd all that good stuff and it happened again. same plug problem, repeated the cleaning process connected secured with small zip tie works like a champ. i am thinking for whatever reason condensation is building in that plug and causing this issue. well anyways worked for me. oh yeah sorry there are no pics bike already reassembled

·
Registered
123 Posts
they have an electronic cleaner that would be better to use then WD-40.
Its in an aerosol can.

·
Registered
123 Posts
^^
I used it on Jeep that I always left in the rain. This dimmer switch worked great after I cleaned it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts