Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was running fine when i went to meet up with my friends, i didnt let the bike warm up bc i was in a hurry. stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas and started ok again. when i met up with my friends the bike wouldnt start, which was strange, bc i charged the bike in the morning. i figured it was a battery problem so i got my friend to gimme a push and it worked. the next day i tried to start it but it wouldnt work so i fully charged it. When i tried starting it again after it was charged it started up easily. About a half day later i tried starting it again but it wouldnt start. I can hear the fuel pump and everythign but when i tried to turn the engine it just wont start. Yesterday after reading some threads, i charged the battery back to full, opened the throttle all the way, and started the bike, which worked. I let the bike sit til the fan turned off and parked it back in the garage. Today hoping that fixed the problem tried to turn it on but now i cant get it to start at all, even with the trottle method and fully charged battery. are the spark plugs fouled? and how did i do it.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Here is what i suggest
Take the battery off the bike and take it to an auto store such as ( pep boys , Discount auto , Western auto ) for a load test they usually test it for free
and go from there , Best of luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks moe, i hope its the battery itll be a lot less hassle to replace it. i got a cheapo one from walmart. perhaps ill get an oem one this time.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
thanks moe, i hope its the battery itll be a lot less hassle to replace it. i got a cheapo one from walmart. perhaps ill get an oem one this time.
That it right there bro walmart batteries for bikes suck hard
you do not have to get a yuasa so to speak not sure if i spelled
their name right:confused3 but the ones from walmart do not last
best of luck :laughing1

·
Registered
195 Posts
It sounds like you have a battery problem. Does the battery click when you hit the starter button???

By the way how many volts/amps is the new battery that you bought over at walmat? The battery you got there might not be the right size for the bike and therefore even with a full charge it might only start up for you one time only.

If I were you I would have got a 12V OEM battery.

Oh... by the way starting it up and having it idle for a while does not really charge your battery. You have to ride it and still the alternator is only going to charge the battery so much. I hope this helps.:tomato:

And yes..... WALMART BATTERY'S SUCKS :icon_butt !!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
+1 for bad battery. That's what it sounds like to me. Does your bike have any mods on it that pull constant power? I've had mine go dead before because I didnt start it while I had my satellite radio connected. (have it hard wired to the battery).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just back from a cycle shop and they said that the battery was ok. I doubted it was the battery bc i could crank it but it just wouldnt start. I didnt get the clicking sound from a dead battery. maybe its my spark plug?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts