Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be of use, I was bored so made a little spreadsheet with the bikes that my friends ride, but i thought someone else might like to see what the real 600rr numba's are. Again, it's not got all the bikes or anything, I was just fooling around and thought someone else might care. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, one of our riding fellas has one so it made my little list there, the crappy thing for him is that in 1998 they shaved like 100 lbs off it. :)

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
sorry i was reffering to the weight of the 03 or 04 ZX-9R as compared to the 97..

the 97 seems very heavy at 502 and i was wondering how much weight they have shaved off the bike since then..

so my quesiton is... how much does the 04 ZX-9R weigh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
overdraft said:
how the f*ck to they get the R1 to weigh less than the RR?
It's a 1000cc engine in a 600cc frame. The RR (both the 1000 and the 600) are both heavier than their competition. The 600RR is even heavier than most of the 1000s. But, the weight is well positioned.

V

·
0 Posts
i thought the r1 did more than 169???
This is actual speed, if you had a radar gun or gps. The 162.2mph for our 600RRs was registered with a radar gun so I would believe it about the R1 also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats crazy that the R1 weighs less then our RR. Im not sure, but I think the reason the RR is so much heavier then the rest is because of the Unit Pro Link swingarm. They had to make it bigger and heavier to be able to support itself instead of the frame doing all the work. That and the stock exhaust I think make up most of the extra weight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts