Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
totally do able. with enough motion, anything can float. check out some of the Icelanders, they take their nitrous off road trucks and shim across the water. a snowmobile will do the same thing.

later

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats def. real, but man that guy had to be moooving!!!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
totally do able. with enough motion, anything can float. check out some of the Icelanders, they take their nitrous off road trucks and shim across the water. a snowmobile will do the same thing.

later

hahah TOP gear , one of the best episodes!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I remember... back when seth enslow first came out. Those were the days

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
It looks like a flooded field that is probably only 4" deep
Exactly, you might hydroplane on skis or a board, but its simply not gonna happen on a 4 inch wide knobby tire. I have a drz 400s , I dont care how fast you hit water, you still sink. Hes floating the front slightly and riding through it on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
here is another pretty cool one, but its shallow water.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdXKwpNfB0I

it is possible, but it has to be a pretty short water hole, under 25 feet at 70mph is possible, the tires wont touch bottom.

im gonna try and find what Crusty movie has the crazy water crossing, and a guy blasts across it topped out on a 250, its pretty nuts.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you hit it fast enough and keep the front end light, HMMM, looks like a blast.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Hmmmm, I don't know..... Well maybe, that kid in The Incredibles can run on water...

D

·
0 Posts
People do that all the time. Speed is all you really need. I know somewhere on youtube there is a vid of a guy riding over some 4' deep water at silver lake on a gixxer.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
People do that all the time. Speed is all you really need. I know somewhere on youtube there is a vid of a guy riding over some 4' deep water at silver lake on a gixxer.
i have a harder time beliving that then a dirt bike....

tire would have no propultion on water? at least the dirt bike tire has knobs.

i would want to see that video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts