Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me figure out what's wrong with my bike? I can get the bike to start on neutral just fine, but the engine dies immediately when I shift into first (which makes it a bit impossible to ride). When I try to start it in first, it doesn't start nor does it make any sound to signal that it's trying to start (turn-over? sorry I'm new and don't know the terminology).

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
if the kick stand is down it will kill the engine or prevent it from starting... sounds like your kick stand is down

·
Registered
368 Posts
No, you just have to look! lol. This happens to me from time to time. lol. I just laugh and put the kickstand up and ride on...hahaha.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
:crackup::crackup: Ha every time i flip the switch and the bike don't start.... I pray to god that it is just bc the stand is down and nothing else. :crackup: Welcome to owning a RR!

·
Registered
79 Posts
you know its actually a good idea, imaging taking a corner out of a parking lot with your kickstand down. id rather be saved from that embarassment by fumbling with it for a min.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ya know.. I fully expected every response on this post to be negative and to make fun of this new rider. I am glad to see not everyone on this board is a smart ass and is not willing to answer the OP's question.. Welcome to RRs

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol yeah its called your foot.....
Haha, true.

yeah that kickstand can definitely choke u up while trying to impress the ladies.
Also true.

I coulda sworn the kickstand was up the second time the engine died on me...I had already ridden a few blocks. Maybe my jeans caught the kickstand when I was approaching the red light =/

·
Registered
231 Posts
If it's in first, you might also need to hold the clutch in for it to start.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I coulda sworn the kickstand was up the second time the engine died on me...I had already ridden a few blocks. Maybe my jeans caught the kickstand when I was approaching the red light =/
the kill switch on the kickstand could be the issue also. if you have a stand put it on it and then look to see if the switch is fully compressing when the kick stand is up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Theres also something called a clutch switch, that if working lets the bike start with the clutch pulled in, in any gear. If its broken then the bike will only start in neutral

1 - 16 of 16 Posts