Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys searched the forum couldnt find anything like this...

Well my bike is over heating (106 deg)after putting in a pc v Also i got low power until 4000 it start to accelerate...And now i found out the coolant is leaking anybody got suggestions?I filled the resevoir till the line Also the weather got a lil bit hotter around 20 - 25 deg...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hey guys searched the forum couldnt find anything like this...

Well my bike is over heating (106 deg)after putting in a pc v Also i got low power until 4000 it start to accelerate...And now i found out the coolant is leaking anybody got suggestions?I filled the resevoir till the line Also the weather got a lil bit hotter around 20 - 25 deg...
I have a full sticky in the same section you posted in ...

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=196767

You are not that far off and are fine

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

Reactions: GregHRC

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a full sticky in the same section you posted in ...

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=196767

You are not that far off and are fine

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

Readed your sticky but still doesnt make sense that my bike is sluggish until 4000 rpms and not to forget the leaking the radiator is almost boiling didnt do that before could their be to much oil in my bike cause the gauge is completely full while bike is standing up...not sure if it matters...

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Readed your sticky but still doesnt make sense that my bike is sluggish until 4000 rpms and not to forget the leaking the radiator is almost boiling didnt do that before could their be to much oil in my bike cause the gauge is completely full while bike is standing up...not sure if it matters...

no, doesnt matter

and the pc will not cause a radiator leak, unless you losened a hose for some reason

find and fix the lack,

sluggish before 4k could be a bad map, or something else

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If the glass is completely full of oil with the bike vertical, you need to drain some oil. Either that or change your oil now and fill it to the proper level. Cheap insurance.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Your coolant is boiling cause there is a leak, the system cannot pressurise and as a result the boiling point is significantly reduced.

When you installed your PCV did you remove the PAIR system? If you didn't that may be stuffing with your a/f ratio making it very hard for the pc to get the correct tune.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, doesnt matter

and the pc will not cause a radiator leak, unless you losened a hose for some reason

find and fix the lack,

sluggish before 4k could be a bad map, or something else
I think its from the top seal cause of the side of my fairing you can see the radiator fluids

And its the stock map from pc site :retard:

If the glass is completely full of oil with the bike vertical, you need to drain some oil. Either that or change your oil now and fill it to the proper level. Cheap insurance.
Well I just changed the oil so ill prob have to drain it a bit...

Your coolant is boiling cause there is a leak, the system cannot pressurise and as a result the boiling point is significantly reduced.

When you installed your PCV did you remove the PAIR system? If you didn't that may be stuffing with your a/f ratio making it very hard for the pc to get the correct tune.
No I didnt does that make alot of difference? It gives me lately alot backfire to...I have to go for a 9 our ride hope the bike will stay in one peace :crackup:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Yep, it has the potential to make a massive difference. The pc changes the amount of fuel going into the bike, if you have the PAIR system still on there it can make a right mess of your a/f ratio... and it will be twice as bad if your using the auto tuner

If you look at any bike that is about to do a run on the dyno you will see that they have disabled the PAIR system for this exact reason...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot Nico ur always of great help on this forum bro! You know how long it takes to remove it and do i need parts for it cause i have only a our or 2 left before i go...And could that fix the radiator problem to?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Nope it wont fix the radiator problem, and to remove the PAIR system properly will take a couple of hours and you will need block off plates or vacuum caps for the reed valve covers...

In the meantime though you can just pull the plug that goes to the PAIR valve itself... shouldn't take to long to do (maybe 15 mins), all you need to do is pull the tank cover off enough to give some clearance on the right hand side and follow the wires that come from your right clipon switch assembly down to its connector (9 pin black) next to that one you will find a 2 pin black connector, that's the one that does your PAIR valve. Unplug that and you should be golden.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts