Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I may have finally found the right bike! 04 cbr600rr, I have been turning down r6 deals in hopes to find a great deal on a honda plus I love the blue color scheme. I found this blue one with 5,500 miles in a reasonable distance from my house yet in another state. I know the 05 had a lot of changes and weight differences then the 04's but they didnt make blue haha. Is it really that big of difference between the years that should sway my purchase? Also the left side has some scratches on the fairing and I wanted to get a good Idea on how much it would cost to replace that fairing, just to get an idea on pricing. Dosent look that bad either...

how much you think you guys would pay for a bike like this with 5,500 miles? Any advice or wisdom is much appreciated!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd pay $3500 max for that bike. The 05 is def a better bike. It'll cost a little more, but I think the weight savings are worth it. You can always get an 05-06 and get the plastics resprayed. Also, I believe the 03-04 plastics are interchangeable with the 05-06. You will need to swap the subframe to fit the tail and the front air ducts for the upper fairings to fit. The mids, lowers, and tank plastics are the same.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd pay $3500 max for that bike. The 05 is def a better bike. It'll cost a little more, but I think the weight savings are worth it. You can always get an 05-06 and get the plastics resprayed. Also, I believe the 03-04 plastics are interchangeable with the 05-06. You will need to swap the subframe to fit the tail and the front air ducts for the upper fairings to fit. The mids, lowers, and tank plastics are the same.
so there really is a noticable difference with the 04 to 05? because I can probably get this one for 4200. Personally I dont feel thats a bad price but again if a 05 is really that much better then I dont want to eff myself with one year difference.

·
Registered
528 Posts
thats a nice bike, it looks like its in good conditon except for that lay over. hopefully their isnt more damage to it, than you can see. it hasnt been run much at all

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a nice bike, it looks like its in good conditon except for that lay over. hopefully their isnt more damage to it, than you can see. it hasnt been run much at all
The guy said that, the damage shown is the only damage. basically someone was leaning on the bike, kickstand was pushed forward or something and it fell in gravel/yard. Looking at the scratches that is what very well may have happened. Its a great color and mileage, I just want to make sure people dont recommend waiting for an 05 good deal to pass me by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts