Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong section. I looked around and couldn't find a more appropriate one. Moderators feel free to move.

I used to ride a 99 CBR F4...

and rode that til april of 02. Got married and sold the bike to buy her ring. Well, divorced now and really really wanting another bike. I'm 6'4" 210lbs So will the CBR600RR "03-04" fit me ok or should I be looking at a 929-1000rr? I'm quite comfortable riding a liter class bike and driven a 929 many many times. But, the new 600's have so much more power and torque then my 99 could dream of. So do I need a bigger bike to haul my fat ass around?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
first, you are not so obese that you need a literbike to get you moving with any speed. the 600rr is plenty. your F4 should have been plenty (but pales in comparison with the 600rr).

second, physically I dont think the 1000rr is significantly bigger for the rider than the 600rr but IS significantly heavier. The 954 is roomier, in teh same way the 600F41 that preceded the 600rr was roomier. either way, you dont "need" a literbike based on your criteria.

wear some gear for chrissake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm 6"5 180lbs and ride an 04 600rr. i used to ride an 02f4i but whilst the rr is smaller i still find it big enough for my lanky frame. it compares well to the other 600's, i dont fit on the r6 or zx6 because my knees hit the top of the side fairings. the gsxr feels bigger, it has a longer reach to the bars.

the 1000rr is definitely roomier than the 600. not sure what riding you want to do, but i'd go the 600, its equally at home on the daily commute, weekend scratching or lapping the track (i do all three). the seat is bloody hard though...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Uh, you know the 600RR is pretty fast right?, I'm not sure you'll be able to use all the power that the bike offers in regular everyday riding, so def prob no need for a liter bike. Worst case go for a poor man's liter (gixxer 750-but I think the frame is about the same size). However, I've heard a 1000 for highway driving is more comfortable; but I live in the city, not sure bout you tho.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you can't get your leg over and on the bike, then you're too heavy for a streetbike but dude, you look skinnier than heavy, and the 600 has plenty of power for driving around town and even the highways imo.

And last time I checked no street bike is truly comfortable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm 6'2" 210. (trying to get to 190). Very comfy, very quick. On and off the track. I was 225 at one point when i was riding it ... :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I usually do wear leathers. I've gained 50 lbs since that pic (that was 4 years ago) Yes, it's a dumb pic but it's the only one I have of my bike. I don't ride track although I'd like to sometime just need to get off my ass and do it. The bike I get will be a daily driver so if I get a 600rr I should look into an aftermarket seat?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you can... you might want to remove the pic before someone photochops it. :)

Nothing better after a divorce than a bike. Good luck.

I like the stock seat. But a lot hate it. My sholders hurt way before anything else.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
from the F4i to the RR, a whole new world, Engine much more power, higher redline, differant seating position (F4i much more comfortable - RR pretty much a race position). when you get yours you will see, you dont need a liter unless you really want it. I'm 6ft 235 and it moves my heavy ass like no other and its an 03, the 05's supposedly have a few more ponies. The 1000RR is nice, but the 600RR is much more fun, easier to muscle around and on the track its way more forgiving than its big brother. after 8000 it screams for more!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I commute on it sometimes (35 miles each way) and on weekend street rides I normally do about 300 miles. I have no problem with the seat. Some do complain.

If you ride right, your legs should keep you light on the seat anyway...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
id say get a 954, but since the 600RR has better weight distribution and handling, i say get the 600.

Plus as nice as the 1000RR is, that electronic damper that stiffens with speed, kinda scares me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the advice guys. i'll be buying something within the month just waiting on money from selling my house to clear

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
snikwad said:
id say get a 954, but since the 600RR has better weight distribution and handling, i say get the 600.

Plus as nice as the 1000RR is, that electronic damper that stiffens with speed, kinda scares me.
That's exactly what you want!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
no way, what happens when your doing 140, and hit a sweeet turn, ill be spending too much energy fighting the damn steering rather than turning properly, i think ill stick to regular adjustable dampers, screw the fancy sh!t.

·
Registered
127 Posts
With my 1000RR at the track I MIGHT have felt a TINY bit of effort with the dampener and that was on a high speed braking / fast turn.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts