Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good product to lock my bike up when in the garage. Just moved into the city and would rather be safe then sorry. Probably looking for a nice chain and lock. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks all

·
Registered
146 Posts
Idk. You want something to lock it up when it's in your garage?

Probably looking for a nice chain and lock.
Buy a thick chain and a lock then lol. I guess the only real advice one could give on the topic is probably grab a lock like one of these:

http://www.masterlock.com/apps/masterlock/catalog/consumer_style.jsp?dir=/residential/highsecurity/&style_id=A4&sub_style_id=B42

They're shrouded to help prevent someone from taking bolt cutters to the shackle. That being said, they don't have to cut the lock's shackle if there's 5 feet of chain wrapped around the bike.

You could look into an alarm.. I believe there already a few threads about them here. Just search the forum.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i was thinking bout buying a lock like that and some type of chain for now.. Unless I find a good price on an alarm that might be a good route to go. anyone out there know of any good deals on alarms for bikes let me know

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree go with the alarm, I recommend Scorpio. The most important thing, as you know, is having that insurance coverage.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea def gonna look into an alarm. like the ground anchor idea, was actually thinking bout doing that before. the garage is a private garage, living with a friend at his new house and 2 other people. the only problem is two of the people always forget to lock doors or the garage doors and I have wayyy to much money into the bike to have it stolen. thanks for all the info and help. Def gonna look into an alarm. Prob chain it down for now til I have some money for a decent alarm.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you're looking at a scorpio you may want to checkout their rlink. Has gps so you can find your bike once stolen along with plot your rides and much more. Costs like 1-200 more then the normal scorpio I believe, but it does offer more. I use a gps style alarm on my bike (not the rlink) and it works great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the locks posted are pretty overkill for your standard hardware store chain (which is cut to length for you when you buy it). like someone else said, why f with the lock when the chain is cuttable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good info all, was thinking the same thing slow231. Anyone around here know much bout chains and cutting strengths or know of any good chains out there that would take alot to break? I know it might be alil overkill to have a nice lock and thick chain plus an alarm but just keeping it safe. If I had the money now I'd def get a nice alarm but I dont.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ALARM... worth it ... just installed one myself since i have my 600 parked in my drive way. I just moved and i dont have a garage. I have to gorrilla alarm 7017 found it the cheapest on amazon. it was easy to install with the help of a friend. cheap, loud, and it works..

·
Registered
502 Posts
scorpio i900. definitely worth piece of mind. wont stop someone who really wants it, but definitely great deterrent.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i was looking at the i900 or some type of alarm.. be cool to have something with gps but then ur paying for the service, correct me if im wrong. how much is the service for gps?

·
Registered
502 Posts
got mine from biohazard ^^^
very happy with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts